Agnostic.com

4 2

Donald Trump has one Magic Power:

He can make Dr. Fauci look intelligent

twill 7 Feb 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Oh? And where did you get your medical degree from???

Trump University. How about yourself?

So, now you listen to Dr. Fauci?

Not at all. The confusion he was constantly spouting chased me away Spring of 2020. He sure likes to be on TV !
Sorry but I don't have time to chat....the Ukrainian WAR is on TV.....I Don't wanna miss even a second of todays "Intelligent" Broadcasts!! UP TO The MINUTE "news" !!!.

Fauci is intellegent, and obviously you are not. I am glad we cleared that up. 😁

He may have been at one time. Most people are before they become TV Personalities.
I stopped watching him Spring of 2020.

That's harsh.

Twill is a maroon. They are so easy to spot.

@Sticks48 That's a subjective insult. Tanks anyway

LucyLooHoo: If TV Stars, CDC Directors, Fauci and Personalities would have gotten out of the way and the MSM would have broadcast more reality instead of talking heads, noise and panic, we might be in a better place. IDK for sure, but that's "subjective" on my part.

My point of the post is to mirror the shameful pointlessness and worthlessness today's Mass Media. Sticks of course, would find their idiocy "intelligent" . I DON'T. I find it harmful to our society.

Before you try to defend these "maroons", look at the 2016 election. They didn't take Donald Trump seriously. Thought he was joke. Lavished all of this attention on him. Gave him seriousness, Tons of press, Hours of time and did everything they could to make him "respectable" (just like like NYTimes did for 40 years !) (Who did he run against?? What's her name?).

Yes, the MSM is a danger to society. Too much influence for too much stupid.

@twill lf one pays attention to everything out there and has the ability for critical thought, one can figure it out. Since you are so intellegent, you could figure that out. When working for the White House Fauci said he was trying to get the correct information out there and not lose his platform for getting the correct information out there. He continually contradicted Trump, which did cost him his job. The fact you did not see this says more about you than the media. As for the 2016 election, the media went out of their way to show the people exactly who Trump was, and did a great job of doing just that. In polls done after the election many people said they couldn't vote for a woman for the Presidency. She did win the popular vote by nearly three million votes. Millions voted for him because he hates the same people they hate. Of course, they are too stupid to figure out he hates most of them too. It is much easier to blame the media than a population full of ignorant, misogynist, racist, rednecks. I am still not impressed with your level of intelligence or the ability for critical thought. Good try though.

Not trying to impress you Sticks. I'll leave that to GMA and the Today Show. Look at all of those fabulous colors !!
I got my information and took my course of action ...exactly like you said I did not.

Have a good day

@twill I don't watch early morning TV as l don't get up until about ten. I don't know what course of action you took. If it was not voting for Trump, then we both took the same course of action. If you masked up and got all three vaccines, then we both took the same course of action. If you didn't do the afore mentioned, then you are a maroon. If you did the afore mentioned, then we both took the same course of action. Blaming the media and Fauci for the ignorance of the American public is weak aand lame. Never forget that 49% of the public have double digit IQs, and there in lies the problem, the lack of ability for critical thinking. It ain't Fauci and it ain't the media.

@Sticks48 SAME ! My kids got two shots , I got all 3.
No Trump voting here.

To totally blame the media, NO, but to let them off the hook and say they did all they could? No way.
They've been in decline for a long time.

#1: their propensity to set the agenda, determine not only what is important with headline grabbing, but to ill inform. That is the news cycle, and they rarely moving past the headline to truly delve into the story that THEY brought to us. WE really have no say in what they decide to cover
#2: There is truly a propaganda war out there. No Denial anymore, please? Sure the lower IQ people suck it up. But to ignore it and proceed with the same business as usual? NO. Change your tactics. It is probably too late.

Honestly I quit watching any of it for many years....2015/16 brought me back, Trump was indeed a spectacle. But mostly I saw how nothing had changed. Money for nothing and the chicks for free.
No Walter Cronkite's or Edward R. Murrow's out there. Dems still fighting the bathroom wars, while the right wing was moving beyond posturing.

Here we are 2022 and we still have .... Chuck Schumer?
Fauci endlessly repeating/ contradicting himself? Why even interview him? Just loop the playback.
ALL of what he says could have been condensed into a weekly 10 minute message that was coherent and made sense even to the low IQ people.

It's a never ending bad dream.....

@twill We only know about all of Trumps shit and who he is because of the media. It did not come to us in our sleep. Watch PBS news. Network news is not the same as they are now supposed to make money. This was not true in the days of Cronkite. Even with that there are many, many sources for news and information. This is where critical thought comez in. You either have it or you don't. If you don't, you are pretty much screwed no matter what. Fauci changes as new information and data comes in. This is called science. This is how science works. There really isn't much Shumer can do without a larger majority in the Senate. Being a leader in the Demacratic party is like herding cats. It is the most diverse large political party in the history of the world.

@Sticks48 I remember reading about Trump 30 years ago (30+?) . He's been screwing people over since way before 2015/16.

@twill Yes he has. He has been an ass clown for decades, and we knew this because of the media. Americans by and large are a very shallow people, and l have no idea how this can be fixed.

@Sticks48 How to fix this:

I Had dinner with Barb on Saturday. She's liberal, volunteers with the League of Women's Voters. She tries, she keeps up on things.
She's frustrated with the Right for the usual reason: They can't be reasoned with.
So of course....she asked ME ! what to do. We all know some people who make conversation a rant.
A One sided political rant even

Well I too have struggled with this. And here is what I offer for a solution:
"They" deflect. "They" live in Whataboutism World. "They" think that their "quick wit" based on their "knowledge" and myths allow them to verbally flutter about making crazee fucking assertions.

1. DO NOT let them deflect. Keep them on topic. Be assertive.
  2. Break down any kind of "connection" they are trying to make while keeping them ON TOPIC.
    Break down the connections not through Fox News, Breitbart, etc, Vs. MSM, NYT etc. (Con vs. Lib) but through historical facts and events. (This will help limit your own trauma of listening to their myths).
    Never easy, but we will learn to tighten up our own game. It just sucks that so many live in alternate universes

Eventually we'll win ! Then they will murder us.

This past summer my GF and I were at a Trumper's party. The host noticed our Samuel Adams beer and said that he doesn't drink "foo foo beer" . He had some Anheuser Busch product. Jennifer and I were both, who gives a fuck about what kind of beer someone drinks???
I was slow....I shoulda let everyone know that is ME & Jennifer drinking a American beer.....Not some foreign owned beer company like Anheuser Busch !!! Watered down shit, talk about foo foo......

Alternate Universes keep us on our toes....Gotta learn to push back AT ALL TIMES.

@twill lt is incredibly frustrating. I always knew those people were there, but it is the number of them that shocked me in this last election. I just hope with these states suppressing the vote, and here in Texas making it more difficult to vote, that the Democrats don't just say fuck it, and stay home.

@Sticks48 Indeed. We might only have one last good chance at this, to protect or improve our system. And we need an overwhelming win against the extremists. Not even a close call.

@twill You are so right.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:651022
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.