Agnostic.com

3 2

Just curious, do any of you invest in crypto currency? With the super bowl ads there seems to be an increase in interest.

Also, beware that there are a lot of scams out there.

Canndue 8 Feb 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

before any investing on any, ask yourself where the interests and value come from, all the currencies have represented the value of something else. cryptocurrency/blockchain are like paper, a Tool to Transfer value, not the Value itself.

Diaco Level 7 Feb 22, 2022

Yet the coins themselves do have value as people trade…?

@Canndue As I mentioned before, a Coin represents the value of something else, like a Government's held Gold Treasury value or a company stock value or something else... A Coin, Banknote, or Crypto on its own has no value ( at max the physical material value ). from the Economic wise a Crypto is Just like a simple coin, even more worthless. but oddly ppl. trading them as a value! soon or later this game will be going to end.

@Diaco I understand what your saying, but, it’s really no different than a stock, a piece of paper with that is worthless unless you can trade or sell it. I’m thinking this may be the future of banking and finance. Time will tell.

@Canndue Just pls. be conservative with this topic and check all the aspects before any action.

@Diaco Absolutely, almost got caught in a scam where huge rewards were promised, and was happening.. the scam is they get you to invest a lot more, coaxing you along, , then snatch it away. I stayed long enough to recoup my costs (and a little more) then pulled it all out.
I only exposed some play money, (we all have hobbies) but they actually taught me a lot of the mechanics.

I think the concept is valid, and will continue to grow/become more mainstream. The reason i posted was to see other’s impressions and experiences. Really appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

I don't invest in crypto currency, and I won't ever. All signs point to it being a huge scam. I hope I'm wrong else there will be many people hurting.

I regard such money making schemes to be essentially no different from all those online 'business opportunities' that claim they have a great method or business model to make money. If it is said model or opportunities are so great why are they trying to sell it online to others?

A lot of it is legit, even heard the US was considering creating a coin. It is new and basically unregulated, but money to be made

@Canndue I believe that those made money in Bitcoin did so in the early days. Even the Chinese seem to be getting in on the act.

@ASTRALMAX I don’t see it as a “money making scheme”, it’s more of an electronic market and alternative to the established banking systems. The block chain technology is pretty interesting. But it is in relative infancy.

@Canndue You mean this...?

[creditsusd.com]

@ASTRALMAX there are several Stable coins that are indexed to the dollar, euro or other fiat currency.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:652038
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.