Agnostic.com

4 17

What a wonderful world it would be -

tinkercreek 8 Feb 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

One should think about how much each of these groups of people actually help the country and the economy. I would argue that for the past fifty years the Sciences have made it possible for the economy to grow as fast as it has. Think of all the technology that has been developed and used since the nineteen-fifties. There is no aspect of our lives that has not been affected in a good way through the use of this technology.
I just learned that the particle accelerator at CERN has had one simple function that can now be used by everyone. Insects put out a scent and thanks to the development of detectors at CERN we can now locate quickly any insect that is in a room that will effect people in a bad manner. A simple instrument can sense the odor of insects letting anyone know that those insects are there. Thus the next time you spend some time in a hotel or motel you should be assured that there is a instrument that will keep you safe. There are many other things this experiment has furnished to the people of Earth. The World Wide Web was developed there so that scientists could communicate with each other easily.
THere are many other technologies, GPS, Space craft, weaponry, Ships, aircraft and almost everything one touches that were developed with the help of teachers. It was the teachers who have allowed and helped this technology help us. What has a football player done for us?

Nice thought but unrealistic

bobwjr Level 10 Feb 22, 2022

Sadly everything is about money. Teachers don't create astronomical amounts of revenue, so they don't get compensated well or even fairly.

I'm all in for those results. 😍😍😍😍😍

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:652068
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.