Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK GOP House Candidate Seen Berating Cop, Calling Her 'Immigrant' During Traffic Stop | HuffPost Latest News

A Republican congressional candidate in Florida was caught on police body camera footage threatening to end an officer’s career because she pulled him over for a traffic stop.

Martin Hyde, who is running in Florida’s 16th Congressional District, was pulled over by Sarasota Police Officer Julie Beskin on Feb. 14.

In video of the exchange, Beskin advised Hyde he was driving 57 mph in a 40 zone and was also seen texting on his phone. In a combative exchange that followed, he refused to cooperate, threatened her job and asked her if she was behaving that way because she was an immigrant.

“I’ll just call your chief. How’s that? You know who I am, right?” Hyde asked her after she explained why she’d stopped him.

“Go right ahead, sir,” Beskin replied. “Yes, sir, I do.”

She then asked him for his license and registration, telling him she was just doing her job.

“Yeah, for now,” he replied.

(Do republicans now have a requirement that their candidates be assholes?)

snytiger6 9 Feb 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

YES! Yes they do. That is now first on the list of qualifiers. Are you a totally self centered idiot with lots of money?

I don't know about an requirement, but most of them are.

Oh, yes, yes they do.......

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:652475
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.