Agnostic.com

9 1

What does Putin say are the reasons for the current action in Ukraine?

"Joe Lauria is editor-in-chief of Consortium News and a former U.N. correspondent for The Wall Street Journal, Boston Globe, and numerous other newspapers. He was an investigative reporter for the Sunday Times of London and began his professional work as a 19-year old stringer for The New York Times. " He reports as follows:

[consortiumnews.com]

FrayedBear 9 Feb 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

@FrayedBear Not a discussion on Israel. which may broker a sit down as Israel has good relations with Russia & Ukraine. The Monroe Doctrine is obsolete.

Ah FrayedBear, you have glorified the Russian Government so many times I wonder how you feel about your "peaceful" friend now. Your spin will be interesting.

What is your spin on the reasons given for the Russian action. Please let's be privy to your cognitive dissonance.

@FrayedBear Your feeble attempts at insult are laughable. If you think I care what you say about me you are delusional.

I have no spin on Russia's invation of another country. He did it because he feels he needs a buffer fro NATO.

Have you considered trying to join the Russina Army to help them in this atrocity?

@Alienbeing lol, attempting sarcasm now? You really identify your stupidity if you think the Russian or any government or army other than desperate back to the wall resistance fighters would recruit someone older than you. . . One exception perhaps - the USA - it's still calling on the Kissinger beast to foment trouble.

@Alienbeing By the way what's an "invation"? Is that a mispell of invitation?
Yes Russia was invited into Ukraine to help protect Russian speakers in Donbass.

@FrayedBear You should try to turn your attention from typos to factual world events. It is pityful to attempt to change the subject by referencng a typo, but that is all you have.

Your spin regarding about Russia being invited CLEARLY shows you are a minority stooge. That statement is pure bullshit. Any normal person would know Russian speakers have NO authority to request border violations, and actual invasions.

Please continue, your ability to make a fool of yourself is amazing.

@FrayedBear Your reply refutes nothing I said. No surprise.

If you ever come up with a logical reason for Russia invading Ukraine, please let us know.

@Alienbeing A Chinese diplomat recently showed how America has similarly invaded about ⅓ of the people of the world. Russia however has a very different reason which like America's response to the Cuba crisis in 1964 is to stop it being threatened.

"Chinese Embassy in Russia 中国驻俄罗斯大使馆

Государственный орган (Китай)
Among the 248 armed conflicts that occurred in 153 regions across the world from 1945 to 2001, 201 were initiated by the #US, accounting for 81% of the total number. "

Off course I don't expect you to to understand that. You know why but your ego & pride will not let you admit it.

@Alienbeing A Chinese diplomat recently showed how America has similarly invaded about ⅓ of the people of the world. Russia however has a very different reason which like America's response to the Cuba crisis in 1964 is to stop it being threatened.

"Chinese Embassy in Russia 中国驻俄罗斯大使馆

Государственный орган (Китай)
Among the 248 armed conflicts that occurred in 153 regions across the world from 1945 to 2001, 201 were initiated by the #US, accounting for 81% of the total number. "

Off course I don't expect you to to understand that. You know why but your ego & pride will not let you admit it.

@Alienbeing Your ability to fail to communicate & check that you have correctly spellt each word used identifies your professional failure & inadeqaucy.
You did claim to be a lawyer didn't you? - ah of course in usual duplicitous lawyer fashion you think that only the aural word counts. What a dopey alien you are. Your errors are more than spelling mistakes. You are using unintelligible gibberish and thinking that others can read your mind to intuit your meaning.

What bad dope are you smoking or is it a bad line of coke that you have just snorted - supplies from Afghanistan not as good since the boys & girls were brought home?

@FrayedBear Your continued attempt to change the subject is noted. If you find anything I post hard to read, or get upset about typos, please don't read it, I wouldn't care at all. I also note you don't even try to illuminate anything I post, you are merely full of attempts at insult. One of several things you truly don't get is I don't give a shit what you think of me. In fact you disagreeing with anything I say assures me I must be correct.

An example of your stupid actions is when you claimed rising oil prices would hurt Russia. I easily showed you how the exact opposite is true. Any comment from you? No, of course not because you could not argue that point.

Nothing I posted is gibberish, however I can easily understand why you can't comprehend valid points.

Please rant on, you are the gift that keeps on giving.

@FrayedBear Your meaningless point regarding what a Chinese diplomat said makes me wonder if you read? I previously pointed out that your only defense of Russia is "somebody else invaded, so it must be OK for Russia to invade".

At best that is a childish position, but since it is the only argument you can come up with, I guess it reveals your childish approach to world issues.

Please keep replying, you present a very easy target.

@Alienbeing the observation is not made to legitimise Russia's action but to identify America & its inhabitants hypocrisy & duplicity. A matter now extending to purported allies & others bullied into agreeing with US duplicity.
Whilst America hasn't used the old chestnut of WMD yet I note shades of it in screams of war crimes for the use of so called cluster bombs & I suspect that the American scriptwriters are still working on the wording of the WMD accusation that guarding Chernobyl is evidence of WMD.
Keep dancing.
Have a nice day. I'm off to bed.

@Alienbeing when you understand what projection is you may understand why I frequently do not comment on things that you post.
Where do I say that rising oil prices will hurt Russia one of the world's major oil producers?

@FrayedBear I gave you several hints that you were correcting yourself, but you kept on doing it. So now I will tell you specifically why (as I have said many times) you make a fool of yourself.

For a long time, long before Russia invaded Ukraine, you moaned about how the USA and others invaded other countries. I'll stipulate that all your assertions were correct, even though I do not agree they are correct. Therefore if you maintain it was wrong for the USA to invade another country, then using the exact same reasoning it must be equally wrong for Russia to do the exact same thing.

Since Russia's invasion of Ukraine, you posted a chart of US and other countries that invaded another countries and referenced a Chinese Ambassador's assertion that the invasion was OK. Usng the exact same reasoning if the invasion of the Urkaine was OK then all prior invasions you moaned about must also be OK.

Therefore YOU proved YOURSELF wrong and corrected yourself twice.

I suggest you learn how to form an argument. Perhaps you should go to law school, because that is a topic covered over and over again in law schools. You need the training. you make a fool or yourself virtually every time.

@FrayedBear You posted the following:

Are you currently enjoying the squeals of outrage around the world over Russia's protective\ defensive move in Ukraine?
Compare the squeals to the silence over Libya, Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran et al fronting weapons & troops on their doorstep!
[en.wikipedia.org]
[theconversation.com]

Look to who is immediately benefitting from increased oil prices, dubious theft of Russian assets & markets through sanctions, stock market losses . . . Through to holier than thou hypocrisy.
Stockmarket (152)Russian (1495)world (16625)iran (644)oil (1719)
FrayedBear 9

Now do you recall the comment on oil prices?

@FrayedBear

You reply:

@Alienbeing the observation is not made to legitimise Russia's action but to identify America & its inhabitants hypocrisy & duplicity. A matter now extending to purported allies & others bullied into agreeing with US duplicity.

Nice squirming try. Additionally you should know by now your opinion of US policies are worthless.

@Alienbeing lol, ROFL. "Additionally you should know by now your opinion of US policies are worthless." - that must be why you are spending so much time responding & proving your cognitive dissonance and lack of comprehension if not understanding of English.

@Alienbeing

• So America is going to heat Europe for free for the next 10 years? It won't profit from it? Yes it's about time the Europeans got some compensation for post WWII American profiteering together with the disruption caused by the American led destruction of the Gadaffi regime in Libya that resulted in the Aftican invasion.
And now we are told that the Europeans will have the problem of 7 million Ukrainian refugees resulting from Amrrica driving Russia to defend itself from your countries lust.

• Won't the theft of Russian bank assets improve the thieves' cash flows?

@Alienbeing Please identify where I have said that it is correct for Russia to invade Ukraine - & it is semantic as to whether it actually has invaded or been invited in by Ukrainians concerned for their well being as they have been under genocidal attack from fellow Ukrainians for 8 years. Attacks fomented by America.
What I believe I have said is that I'm not surprised that Russia has taken humanitarian peacekeeping steps to prevent genocide of neighbours and to protect itself from having foreign powers encircle it with weapons & military installations just as America through its Monroe doctrine prevents encroachment into the western hemisphere.
Didn't they also teach you at law school to ensure that you do not assume because it puts an "ass" before "u" and "me"?

@FrayedBear Please stop the obfuscation. Every post you made attempted to justify the invasion by citing other countires that you allege did the same thing. On the other hand if you now want ot take a stand, then you can clearly state Russia is entirely wrong in its actions. I'll add that even in your atttempt to obfuscate you spew bull about whether the invasion was an invasion of an invitation from some withing the Ukraine. So I again invite you to keep posting, you are the gift that keeps on giving.

The remainder of your reply is just stupid, so I won't bother to address it.

Your other reply regarding who might heat Europe has nothing to do with a clearly immoral invasion, and since you have illustrated no knowledge of world events other than Russina propaganda there is no need to explain that to you either.

In closing you need to find a new phrase to replace your continued use og "cognitive dissonanceance". You impress no one. I'll remind you what I have said many times because you obviously have a poor memory. Reminder: I don't reply to you because i care what you say, I relpy to you to correct what you say, and because it is fun to allow you to hang yourself.

@Alienbeing [en.m.wikipedia.org] - where was the hue & cry. Like I say you're a bunch of hypocrites.We all know that the Ukrainian incursion that started in 2014 & was America attempting to advance weapons to the Russian boarder. Alien you are simply duplicitous. A reputiaton recognised long ago by the First Nations People.
Incidentally are you dyslexic or simply unprofessional that you do not verify your pronouncements?

@FrayedBear Citing wikipedia is the same as citing Mother Goose.

For perhaps the 100th time I remind you that I have not, nor ever will, discuss United States political policies with you because your pninion is worthless. You are not a citizen, therefore you have no sy in any such matter.

Your continued support of Putkin's invasion proves you are not worth discussion because no rational person would advance such argument.

I see you have dropped your "cognitive dissonance" bull for a new "dyslexic" pronouncement. Of course you have not, nor will offer and back up to either remark. I'll end by reminding you gain that your personal opinion of me means nothing. As I said, if you disagree with me it rinforces my argument.

In closing I see you still cannot name a fascist. Keep on proving all you do is provide humorous proof that you have no facts.

@Alienbeing Duplicity.

@Alienbeing you push a mantra?

@Alienbeing oh, & please enlighten me with a screen shot of my post or comment supporting the Russian, not Putin's, current activity in Ukraine.
Are you aware that Ukrainian fascist troops were sent to Holland to subdue the civilians with atrocities after the German's controlled the country. Also that Japanese troops regularly had bayonet practice in China by testing & honing their skills on Chinese villagers? Did America through guilt & desire for Japanese profits turn a blind eye to those war crimes?

@FrayedBear I won't play your game. Everyone knows you glorify & apologize for Russia and have for a long time. As I said to you recently when you attempted the same bullshit "if you now care to condem Russia for the invasion, please do so".

Then your continued attempt to argue that since others have done something in the past, we should excuse Russia's current actions prove nothing except you have nothing to say. Your argument says "since someone murdered someone else at some time then it is OK for you rou murder now". At best a childish argument, but really a stupid argument.

@FrayedBear Your "Duplicity and Mantra" replies are a feeble attempt to run. You can't cite any statement where I ever schanged any position, and I have no mantra. Your replies are now so poor they are boring.

Perhaps you should stay asleep, it would improve your positions.

@Alienbeing lol at myself alien. I've failed to mention the obvious in your attempt to disprove me - you state "Look to who is immediately benefitting from increased oil prices, dubious theft of Russian assets & markets through sanctions, stock market losses . . . Through to holier than thou hypocrisy.
Stockmarket (152)Russian (1495)world (16625)iran (644)oil (1719)
FrayedBear 9" The world wide sanctions imposed on Russia at the behest of America mean that the paltry 1495 quoted by you, you don't quote the source of your information, mean that irrespective of informational source & accuracy the figure is now about zero.

By the way is it illegal in America to impersonate a lawyer and a human being or are there local US laws to prohibit it?

@FrayedBear You must make up your mind. You have frequently criticized me for taking a lawerly approach. Now your infer I impersonate same. Make up your mind, and we'll discuss your final judgment.

The fact that you can't appreciate that Russia benefits from higher oil prices is a mystery. Have you ever heard the expression "a rising tide floats all boats"? You reference the stock markets which have NO relationship the the obvious fact that if Russia (or all others who sell crude oil) can sell the same amount at a higher price they benefit. Did you ever take an economics course.

Your arguments are getting weaker by the day.

@FrayedBear You really don't get it AND you have a very poor memory. I have told you nuerous times why I respond to you. I'll remind you for perhaps the 10th time. I reply to your posts not becuse they matter, but because it is fun. It is fun because you make a fool of yourself all the time.

Your opinion is worthless, conversely, your actions are funny.

@Alienbeing Please explain how a country only supplying 40% of world supply is going to benefit when US instigated sanctions cut off its markets apart from China. Oh wait a minute didn't I read that Germany & some other countries are not agreeing to the imposition of sanctions. Nothing like cutting off your nose to spite your face.
So if 40% cannot profit the other 60% of producers are not only going to make super profits but also steal Russian markets. Am I still looking stupid alien?

@FrayedBear It is so easy to explain that it is impossible to understand why you need it explained. If 40% sells at X, then any increase in price means the seller would get X PLUS. The plus is the additional profit. Hopefully you never were in charge of any marketing venture.

Russia will sell as much oil after sanctions as before. China, countries who won't follow sanctions and black markets assure that.

Consortium News has a good factual reputation via Media Bias Fact Check. A credible source.

Putin keeps it simple. He calls the Ukraine government " drug addicts & Nazi's" tho the President is Judaic. What a ruse. It is all about security, resources, control of his borders. He does not want another NATO friendly regime on his western border along with Poland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania. Why is he making his move now? Why does he see an opportunity now? Only the pinnacles of government have the answer if they do at all. I surmise that they do.

Isn't much of Israel nazi purporting to be Zionist?
Have you compared the Russian situation to the great Cuban missile crisis in the 60's & how JFK reacted?

@FrayedBear Who the hell knows. and yes. Putin does not want a democracy or another NATO partner on his western flank ie his sphere of influence. Why doesn't he make nice with NATO? Because he is a despot. In the past the USA has overthrown many a legitimate government. This is a chance to defend one. I just don't know how, but I know why. Stymied. Israel changes governments. Nazi governments do not. Neither do Israel's enmity.

@Mooolah israel - indoctrinated political hatred founded by religion.
Show me a western, or eastern government where all have full franchise and have the ability to state in counted form that "none of the presenting candidates are fit to represent me"

I recently suggested that Russia be encouraged to join NATO.

Putin is a megalomaniac, who cares not one iota for human life, other than his own.

Did Nixon, Reagan, Johnstone, Clintons h&w, Obama, the Bush's or Biden "care not one iota for human life, other than their own"?

No RussiaToday link?

Tejas Level 8 Feb 25, 2022

If you want it . . .

I recall the start of the war on terror, with all countries on board. Iraq was invaded (nothing to do with 9/11's war on terror) on a WMD lie. But this overthrowing of Saddam freaked out Ghaddafi, who promised quickly to cease his development of nukes and disarmed them, which he did to world applause.
Then the Arab Spring came which resulted in NATO destroying Libya anyway. Nth Korea took note and sped up it's development of a missile capable of carrying it's nukes, so they would not become the next Libya. They came online during Trump.
Russia watched NATO destroy Libya after being active in Iraq and Afghanistan also. The destruction of Libya caused the floodgates to open with mass undocumented migration to Europe, many fleeing the ME. Including Muslim extremists and this affected Russia also.
Then the US and NATO got involved in the Syrian civil war (helping start it? Debatable) and that is when any alliance on the war on terror was discarded between the US and Russia. Russia was invited in and did an outstanding job in stopping stolen oil being trucked out by isis/ daesh, stopping that in days when the US and allies were unable in months. Embarrassing for the US/ Obama admin and the demonisation of Putin/ Russia kicked into overdrive.
Then Ukraine had it's 2014 coup where the democratically elected Russian friendly government was overthrown by US backed coup makers. Crimea succeeds to Russian control through referendum of people of Crimea (should have involved all of Ukraine). Civil war, Minsk agreement. Continuing sanctions on Russia by the West. The rather extraordinary saga of the Nord II pipeline which is mutually beneficial to Russia and Europe, but not the US.
Minsk agreement broken by both sides. Afghanistan now a failed state facing famine. Russia has acted rather than wait to react.
I think Putin feared Ukraine would become another Syria, but this time on his doorstep. He really hardened his attitude to Western intervention after Libya's fall to this new US imperial expansion policy, made possible through the Patriot Act. This hardened resolve illustrated by Russia coming to Syria's aid. I think Putin's aims in Ukraine are what he states in the article. Those are my thoughts on it all.

PS The weaponisation of SWIFT is a new one, where all transactions are converted into $USD eg they get a cut. Russia will have to find alternatives and other countries will note that SWIFT can/ will be weaponised by the US, thus many will seek alternatives also (already happening really)..
I think the US may be cutting off it's nose to spite it's face with this action, as it will hasten the demise of the $USD's position as default world currency.

puff Level 8 Feb 25, 2022

I think Trudeau and Biden should go in equipped with 8- Jab booaster canon shots and wipe out those bioorganism off the map. Do what they do best and be very safe about it.

Putin says the pandemic puts all against all and would make Putin fear Biden. And the vaccines are the super spreaders like they used in world war 1 and 2 by Rockefeller.

I don't care what Putin says about his reasons. The real reason is perfectly obvious: he wants people to be killed in war as a way of compensating for his own catastrophically damaged personality.

Another post here says Putin saw the 1991 breakup of the USSR as a tragedy.

Hell, the USA, with its 1823 Monroe Doctrine, started empire building.

What is the status of our Empire now?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:652624
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.