Agnostic.com

3 6

In an attempt to find dual use solar/water projects California may be swinging for the fences

[smithsonianmag.com]california-is-about-to-test-its-first-solar-canals-180979637/?utm_source=smithsoniandaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20220225-daily-responsive&spMailingID=46458966&spUserID=NDYzODYzNDk0MjI5S0&spJobID=2182891929&spReportId=MjE4Mjg5MTkyOQS2

glennlab 10 Feb 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I like.

Sounds like an ambitious project. I imagine that the canals run through Owens Valley. There is a lot of history involved with that transfer of water. It is the reason LA became the city it is.

If complete 65 billion gallons of water saved plus the electricity is a pretty good deal.

@glennlab - I agree. There has been lots of controversy 9ver that canal over the years. The water savings alone would probabpy be worthwhile. The energy on top of that would be that much better.

We never know what is possible until we try. I have been saying for 30 years that California needs to build desalination plants. The cost has tripled since then. No one ever listens to me.

I can't wait for this project to get off the ground.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:652750
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.