Agnostic.com

9 8

What's your reason?

UrsiMajor 8 Feb 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You should study meme organism, it really exist.

Word Level 8 Feb 28, 2022

MY reason?
I'm a fucking adult I don't need an imaginary friend and I'm not frightened of an imaginary enemy.

"Shocked and horrified by what religion does to people." Is missing.

That is a very valid point that you have made.

Why would you be shocked and horrified at people helping widows and orphans in need and avoiding worldly corruption?

Religion ... pure and faultless is this: to help widows and orphans in need and avoiding worldly corruption. James 1:27

@Word Yes perhaps, but not all religion is pure and faultless. And I think that the many other types are much the more common.

@Fernapple yes. I understand your definition that has its usage popularity nonetheless minority still exist. Minority,
if you say, religion is simply helping etc.,has usage and application where that, it seems the popular usage, as you use, is more so, erroneous (for lack of a better word) than the minority.

@Fernapple as I say, what you call religion, I view that to better be called theocracy. A form of government. And then it's why I ask, why call a government religion when it's a government? Even though it's a theocracy government, it should be called such and not called religion.

@Word Perhaps, but it is not my job to change the language. You are welcome to try if you wish.

@Fernapple I am not changing. But, language does change. Like the word "gay". Was happy, carefree, now mostly used for homosexual. So, it is not easy for people to use gay in its original meanings because (newer usage, younger generations) people would think they are homosexual.

@Fernapple I am a gay heterosexual. What do you think I am saying?

@Word Yes sometimes it is not too hard, but think of the resistence you will get from ultra right, white evangelical, racist, homophobic chuches, if you try to tell them they are not a religion. Especially if that means losing their tax breaks.

@Fernapple meme organism indoctrinated. Tax breaks because they are a form of government. Why would the government tax itself?

Subordinate government is still a form of government. "Churchs" most often do instill indoctrination that people should be "good citizens " of the large, more power government body.

Bible Gateway Romans 13 :: NIV. Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.

[vm.tiktok.com]
Bcz satan job is taken , I ll settle for atheist 😂🦇

Kind of the same reason I stopped believing in Santa Clause. Or the tooth fairy, Superman, four leaf clovers, rabbit foots being lucky. Can not in anyway find a scrap of logic in any of them.

Well it's certainly not peer pressure since I'm from Oklahoma. I always thought it was just common sense.

"All of the Above" is missing.....

My reason is that I am severely allergic to bullshit of any kind.

That about sums it up!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:653133
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.