Agnostic.com

4 4

Well, had to take some paperwork up to the hospital OR get it up there somehow.
Decided to take it myself, so got showered, etc, donned my
:going out clothes" as I call them and took them up myself via Taxi from a firm locally owned and operated by a guy I worked with on the railways back in the 80's and 90's.
The Admin at our present hospital, imo, could not run a raffle for a free f**k in the ONLY Whorehouse in sea-side port.
Two entrances for walk-in visitors and thew like, one leads in from the car park, the other, the MAIN Entrance is closed off and inaccessible to everyone including public, visitors and possible patients.
So, if you are like me and need to catch PUBLIC Transport, i.e. a Bus, the actual Bus stop is across the street and to enter the hospital you NEED to do a version of an African Safari at the very least.
Imo, ANYONE wanting/planning to be a Bureaucrat in charge of a Public Service/Facility SHOUD have included as a part of their training a minim um of 1 year where they are REQUIRED to be made to walk, etc, as an elderly person, use Public Transport, etc, etc, and BEFORE graduating, PASS a very Strict and arduous test as well.

Triphid 9 Mar 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Your local hospital wouldn't be Doomadgee, would it? [abc.net.au]

No, not quite but I guess operated by the same kind of LNP Mis-Government.
Before this crap-hole they call a hospital was built, the People of the 'Hill got together, decided to own, build and operate their own PUBLIC Hospital, which btw, I had the honour and privilege starting my nursing career at as a Trainee Nurse in 1972.
No kidding or boasting here BUT the B.H. and D.H. was renowned in those years as " the Best Teaching and Training Hospital in the whole of Australia and Mine and Rescue workers from everywhere in the Southern Hemisphere cane here to learn the techniques, etc, our humble country hospital had learned and developed.
Then, of course, in steps a LNP State Government and per usual they REPLACE our hospital, that ALWAYS ran smoothly and at a profit as well, with the total f88k-up system we have now.

Gotta agree there. No consideration for seniors, disabled, or anyone who does not drive.

The mail?

The mail, ???? please elucidate.

@Triphid you could mail in those papers?

@AnneWimsey Yes I certainly could, but exercise is a vital part of the recovery system for anyone who is either a post C.V.A or T.I.A. patient.
Ergo I am NOT going to sit at home and vegetate whilst lamenting the days when I could, when I wanted, get out and enjoy the little things of life such as wandering around the Shopping Centres, taking a walk and admiring the gardens of others, etc, etc.

I agree, too many times access is designed by what they imagine instead of what is actually needed. You would think they would be smarter than that since they are supposed to be well educated. 🙂

Betty Level 8 Mar 6, 2022

Your "supposed to be" is spot on.

@anglophone Ah! Thanks. 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:654303
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.