Agnostic.com

15 18

I was making some ramen noodles as part of my dinner earlier tonight. The water was at a high, rolling boil and I was going to drop the brick of noodles to cook for three mins when I accidentally knocked the small pot of boiling water off the stovetop and it spilled all over the fingers of my left hand. I was thinking "How bad is this gonna be?" after I started running cold water over the burn.

Turns out, not bad at all. That was several hours ago and the hand shows no skin damage and only a mild red discoloration. The pain is easily tolerable. I haven't even had to put any burn cream on it.

The water couldn't have been any hotter, it spilled over all four fingers of my left hand but I suffered no burn, no damage, and only mild discomfort and even that's almost gone after just a few hours with no medication.

A Xian would say this was a miracle and be praising Jesus all over the place but I say I just got lucky somehow.

Nice try, Jesus but still an atheist.

Sgt_Spanky 8 Mar 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Merciful Jesus saved your fingers. Another Miracle proving he has risen! Screw all the innocent Ukrainianian Christians being killed and maimed, Jesus chose to save your fingers.

Clearly, I am something deeply special to the Savior. Praise Him!

@Sgt_Spanky He has a plan for you.

I love Ramen, I normally break an egg or in it. Good to hear your ok…

Same here!

(In my sarcastic voice) if you got the covid vaccine that's what happens it turns you into a super human, 😂😆🤪

As a Pastafarian I can tell you that it was a miracle.

Praise his noodly appendages!

@Sgt_Spanky Indeed, he boiled for our sins.

R'amen!

This was a belief system trying to convince you that you are a Saint. The proof was that you did not burn much.

Now as to those noodles they are already cooked so no 3 minutes. I lay my noodle pack down and crush it with the palm of my hand, then bring a cup of water to a rolling boil. Stir in the noodle pack and cover, then let it all set for 5 minutes. Noodles are done. Season to taste or add other items and serve.

Several ppl have questioned my noodle cooking technique but I've always done it this way and they come out perfect every time. I'll just stick with what I know. I also never crush them, not even a little bit. I like em' long and unbroken.

Boiling water only contacting your skin briefly, only causes a first or second degree burn. Sounds like it was minimal contact because yours is a first degree burn.🙃

As pasta related injury/miracle, you sure this wasn't intervention by the FSM?

It may be more than red tomorrow please keep ice water on it as long as possible. I also keep silver sulfate cream around because I'm extraordinarily clumsy anymore.

It's now about eight hours later and even the pain is gone. My hand looks and feels perfectly normal, like it never happened. I really got lucky on this.

Man ! Glad u are ok . 🙌🦇🙌

Thanx, Pra. I was gonna post a picture of my hand but there's literally nothing to see.

@Sgt_Spanky 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌 u acted fast and smart , I am so glad 🙌🙌🙌

Glad you're okay.
Cold water on a boiling water burn is usually always the best option.

I was expecting a lot of pain and a trip to the emergency room but nahhhh.

Quick response to stop the burn with cold water, it does work

Tough as nails. 😁

Betty Level 8 Mar 7, 2022

I sleep on sharp rocks and bathe in molten lava.

@Sgt_Spanky That would do it. 🤣

Asbestos hands!

Fast thinking and cold water were your saviors.

Amount of exposure to the heat plays a part in how bad the damage. Glad you're okay.

That might have been it. I reacted at the speed of light.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:654494
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.