Agnostic.com

5 9

LINK Florida teacher hospitalized after attack by 5-year-old needs surgery; union says it's child's 3rd attack

šŸ˜²šŸ˜³šŸ˜±

WTHF!!!! I usually think teachers have become conditioned to overblow incidents with students and disobedience due to the culture in America and the knee-jerk reactions of too many to involve those Blue Liners that dig cuffing and detaining children as much as they love doing the same to America's most marginalized amongst us.

However! This is downright horrifying!!!!!! šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬šŸ˜¬

That child should not be in a public school setting, even one for disabled students. He needs care well and above what teachers are trained to do. šŸ˜³

SeaGreenEyez 9 Mar 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

ā€œ The Broward County School Board told WSVN that all district protocols had been properly followed.ā€

Iā€™m no expert on this, but it appears that their protocols may be inadequate.

Floriduh, what a surprise!

Parents need to be investigated, something is screwy

bobwjr Level 10 Mar 12, 2022

Has there been any investigations on the child's home life?

Early childhood behavioral intervention is something I'm very familiar with, as the mother of two special needs boys. However, this is a very special case. If this child is showing signs of sociopathy, he needs to be in a very structured program with only positive intervention for good behavior. That's the only thing that works, apparently. Of course, there may be other reasons for his acting out. I have observed many classrooms with autistic children, for instance, and this type of behavior would be extremely rare there, unless the child were having a melt down. Even then, they would not attack a teacher unless their space were invaded, or they were overwhelmed in a major way.

I find you comment to be very illuminating. Thank you.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:655349
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.