Agnostic.com

5 4

Bottom up revolution in Russia in 2022?

Given the conditions:

1. Demonstrated poor performance of the military. (Discipline, logistics, morale, casualties)
  2. Economic strife among the general population that will compound in the near term.
  3. Western media influence becoming more accessible to the general population.
  4. Stubborn resistance of the Ukrainians, and near global support for their efforts growing daily.

Opinion:
This sounds like a recipe for a bottom-up revolution, which would be the most costly in human suffering, but likely the most healthy for the Russian people in the long term. Given the trajectory of events over the past 3 weeks I consider it completely possible that by early summer we could witness:

1. A violent full scale bottom-up revolution.
  2. A civilian and military general strike resulting in a less violent revolutionary event.
  3. A total withdrawal of Russian troops from Ukraine.
  4. Exile of Putin to China or other totalitarian sympathizer.

I seriously doubt the likelihood of any nuclear exchange given the trajectory of events so far.
Your thoughts please on my conjecture of another Russian revolution in 2022?

Garban 8 Mar 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It would be beautiful!!!!

His own peers may poison or strangle him first.

It's a lovely thought, Garban and I'd like to think you're right! I'm afraid Putin has supporters in the military/Kremlin leadership who would try to grab that power for themselves.

@Garban True, of course. But...he didn't have the KGB, did he? (Sorry to say.)

I'm not sure the Russian people have it in them, I would like to see them able to vote freely. Thing is China is the bigger threat but there is a new wave of COVID making the rounds in China and lock downs will effect supply chains.
Here's an interesting article from 2020 on Russian history.
[daviscenter.fas.harvard.edu]

Russian Revolution in 2022!? No Way!
Don't forget Russia's economy is oil/gas-based and they don't care about citizens, the lack of democracy makes suppressing even easier. on the other hand, Russia with china's support will continue easily for decades, look at North Korea! the point is China knows it's the real threat for the west, not a poor country like Russia, and will do all to keep it in the front line.

Diaco Level 7 Mar 17, 2022
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:656190
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.