Agnostic.com

3 2

Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine is not just a war of politics – it's a holy war

[abc.net.au]politics-holy-war/100921102

xenoview 8 Mar 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm beginning to think that those of us who don't believe in dogmatic religion tend to also think people in power are intellectual so also inclined to reject it. That they use religion for their own agenda. This might be a mistaken assumption because ruling class networking is how these people are elevated. I think Jr43 was sold on saving Iraq's outcast Christians (in the North). He later realized it was for his VP's wallet and we all saw that moment (in 2005). Things got chilly between them. This suggests that religion is still the problem. Now who might have been saying that for thirty years?

I can't believe Putin is a believer, but who knows? It might explain the absurd explanations he keeps touting. I gather an orthodox prelate has blessed the "special operation". I still don't understand the "Nazis" invocation. It makes no more sense than the Nato bullshit. Are Russians really that stupid? If they're anything like Americans, I have to assume the answer is yes.

From what I can see, Vladimir Putin is as disconnected from reality as is his former protégé in the White House, Donald Trump.

He may not be a literal believer in Christianity, but of course it is perfectly possible to believe in Chritianity a culture, and as a pseudo-race, or pseudo-nation, and that loyalty to the tradition is the same as loyalty to the state.

Assholes in power.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:656630
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.