Agnostic.com

4 12

Today's project: Taking in this jacket.

Always loved this washable, deep purple velour jacket. But it had shoulder pads that were out of date. When I removed the shoulder pads, the shoulders and sleeves were too long. Unwilling to get rid of it, I kept it in the closet.

Today I took in the shoulders. Basted in the sleeves. Horsed around making them smooth and equal. Finally sewed in the sleeves.

Earlier I took in the waist and hips. Now it fits me beautifully. I think the sleeves are a half-inch too long. Will ask a friend to look at the jacket on me. Need a second opinion.

LiterateHiker 9 Mar 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As for second a second opinion there could be nothing better than a photo of you wearing the jacket. 🙂

You should've just said the prayer of alteration: Dear Lord, this jacket no longer fits upon my body. Please alter the shoulders that I may once again wear this raiment and I will praise thy Holy name, give unto thee my fealty, my chastity and my industry unto death. Change not the color for it goeth well with my shoes. Amen.

Would've been a lot less work for you.

Cool

bobwjr Level 10 Mar 19, 2022

I love it when projects get done. There is such a feeling of accomplishment. Love the color of the jacket.

@HippieChick58

Thank you. Love the feeling of accomplishment, too.

Today's clothing looks washed out, faded. I look best in gem tones. Have been searching for a soft, navy colored jacket. Nada.

@LiterateHiker you mean like the Navy Pea Coats?

@phoenixone1

No, navy colored. As in dark blue.

@LiterateHiker oh...thought you meant style...

@phoenixone1

If I meant Navy pea coats, I would have capitalized "navy."

@LiterateHiker it was worth a shot...I had one a Navy friend gave me years ago...Loved it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:656643
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.