Agnostic.com

4 10

Religion is definitely a business.

Lorajay 9 Mar 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No shit

bobwjr Level 10 Mar 22, 2022

And no material costs, no supply chain, and tax exempt.

In any religious establishment I ever attended the payment was optional. The product was free. And the members were more interested in consoling than in blaming. YMMV.

skado Level 9 Mar 21, 2022

@Garban
Yep. Homo sapiens all.

@skado @
BULLSHIT
if they take nothing else they take your time, your support, your intelligence and your mental health.
They may claim payment is optional, but it is more than heavily hinted that NOT paying will lead to a red-hot pitchfork up your arse for all eternity, and public shaming here on earth.

Malachi 3:8-10

8 “Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me.

“But you ask, ‘How are we robbing you?’

“In tithes and offerings.
9 You are under a curse—your whole nation—because you are robbing me. 10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.

Even the Bible preaches Prosperity Gospel

@LenHazell53
As I say, YMMV. There is wide variation in communities, and in individual responses.

@skado And I as I pointed out they all take their lead from that book of filth called the Babble and expect their "sheep" to do as it says.

Or do you really think "God Provides" for the filthy priests, builds them palaces and temples in Rome and Utah and Canterbury?
Christian churches are a business, a very dirty one, extortionists and fearmongers and abusers of the minds of children.

Hebrews 7:5

5 Now the law requires the descendants of Levi who become priests to collect a tenth from the people —that is, from their fellow Israelites—even though they also are descended from Abraham.

@LenHazell53
There is nothing that “all” of them do. Individuals bring their individuality to their religion, just like they bring their individuality to their business and their politics and so on. There’s good and bad in everything. You focus on whichever aspect interests you most.

@skado Seriously, you are asserting that not all Christian Churches advocate the use of the Holly Burble as a foundation for their teachings and moral guidance?
You do know these "God Fearing" brothers and sisters used to publicly BURN people for spouting heresy like that? And that if it were not against the law to do so many of them still would.

@LenHazell53
There's more than just one way to see it. Yours isn't wrong. It's just not the only one.

And you don't get to take final delivery until after you are dead. So no returns.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:656934
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.