Agnostic.com

8 10

A once in a lifetime post. Me and my daughter with my soon to be second grandson watching my first grandson and my daughters wife fliying a kite.

First time i looked at a picture and realized how old I am. When did you first notice how old you are?

Bigwavedave 8 Mar 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Forgot to include pic

I first noticed when I saw this picture of me with these two.

@Bigwavedave so where's the picture?

Love it this is mine

bobwjr Level 10 Mar 27, 2022

Oh that's nice to have a multi-generational photo, like that! I also have some, me, my daughter and grandchildren, but none that make me realize my age especially. I do regret that I don't have any photos with my mom, me and daughter/son. No such thing as digital back then, so we didn't take too many photos, and I seem to be in none anyway.

The day I felt old was when I was getting assistance in filling out my medicare forms, and the agent said I should check with the "elderly affairs" office. Ack! No way am I contacting "elderly affairs" but I'll take any discounts I get for my age, haha!

"I'm stepping up to the turnstile," I thought when my father died at 51 of colon cancer. I was 24.

My mom died at age 45. I have been really aware that I'm in uncharted territory for the last 19 or so years. And now three small people call me Grammy, and my knees hurt, and other parts of me, and I'm post menopause. So yes, every damn day I'm well aware of how old I am.

not long before I learned to not pay much attention to it. if I need to be mindful of it the universe reminds me. it's rather reliable on such matters.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:657829
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.