Agnostic.com

3 0

THE CURRENT STATE OF US GOVERNMENT AND FOREIGN AFFAIRS CAPSULIZED:
Executive branch: a. Our current president is a president in name only. The real head of the country is the former president, who, unlike any president in our history is not constrained by his oath of office, the laws of the country, or the electoral laws. Our current president has no power over his own Attorney General, and is opposed by over 1/2 of the voters and Congress, including his own party. When he does make a statement (even when obviously true) regarding foreign policy, virtually everybody, even the media, demand his resignation or impeachment. He lacks the ability to nominate a Supreme Court Justice although his predecessor nominated three, none of which should have passed muster. The Attorney General refuses to accuse, indite or censure the former president and his "henchmen" of high crimes and misdemeanors or crimes against the state, including violation of their oath of office, treason and sedition. The former president also ignores any subpoenas to appear in courts or Congress, In spite of this he leads in the popularity polls from voters against the current president by 47% to 41% And finally, the current president actually appeals to be borderline suffering from the early stages of dementia.

1. Legislative Branch: The Congress of the US is diametrically divided by two opposing political parties, one of which does not adhere to the guidelines of their long-established party platform although they continue to use the name. They are dedicated to the opposition of the other party and determined to thwart anything that party attempts to introduce or anything the current Executive Branch attempts to pass. Their implicit goal is to dismantle or do away with our democratic system of government, to be replaced with a system known only to them but which many expect would be either some form of anarchy, dictatorship or secessionist movement. Their absolute leader is the former president and they have infiltrated the opposing party with several members calling themselves Democrats while voting with the so called Republicans. Meanwhile, the Democrats haven't the power, ability or will to do anything in to counter their opposition.

2. Judicial Branch: The Supreme Court justices are the only government officials who are appointed for life, something the founding fathers seemed to consider a good idea but which has been the cause of much dispute and division. They are continually reversing former legal precedents and constitutional amendments for political reasons although they profess to be non-partisan. The current court is comprised of three justices who were nominated by the former president and only passed the nomination because of their political and idealistic allegiance to him, alone. One of the justices, who has a history of voting against an otherwise unanimous vote to subpoena the former presidents archival documents (and who is not among the three former presidents nominees) has a wife who is an outspoken ultra right-wing activist and self avowed Q Anon member.

This is the current "State of the Union" and there is apparently nothing in the Constitution or rules of law that can successfully change this pathetic state of affairs or nobody who is even willing to try. "God help the U.S.A."!

fishline79 7 Mar 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Your opinion is noted. and so is your apparent unique views.

Whatever that means. Or is it sarcasm?

@fishline79 It CLEARLY means your opinion is incorrect.

@Alienbeing What I said is pretty obvious to most responders. Perhaps it's your opinion that is incorrect. Maybe you should set me straight on where I am wrong. Since you are an "alien" you may be less acquainted with our political systems here on Earth.

@fishline79 As if you would agree with the correction.

@Alienbeing Try me. I have an open mind.

@fishline79 After you justify your initial post then I'd see if you have an open mind.

Start by telling us why you think the current President:

1. Has no power over his Attny General. The current President or any other President can fire his Attny Gen at will.
  2. Why you say the former President is the "real head of the country" when is is obvious the former President has no authority at all.

Those are just two reasons why I said your opinion is unique.

@Alienbeing 1. If he has power over Garland, why is the Justice Dept. not permitted to arrest, or even subpoena, Trump and his cohorts for Treason, Sedition, Election tampering, Income tax evasion, attempted violent overthrow of the government, openly endorsing our enemies, and betraying his oath of office and violating the Constitution, when they have positive proof of all of the above stated crimes; crimes that in other times would carry the death penalty? Garland says he's not sure if Trump has "executive privilege"! I think he is in league with these traitors, and maybe Biden too, unless he is too senile to even understand what's happening to our country.! If that doesn't answer your question, you must be as blind as they are.

1. I believe my answer to your first question covers the second question as well. Just the fact that he is allowed to run for president again shows that he is untouchable and accountable to nobody but his co-conspirators headed by Bannon (also untouchable). The fact that he is still at large proves that he is the most powerful man in the United States, and as he says himself "I could walk out into the street and shoot someone and nobody could do a thing about it".

Finally, Trump was determined to weaken the D.O.J. and divide and conquer Congress, or, at least the Democrats, and he was eminently successful. And if that's not enough, he kisses up to white supremacists, conspiracy theorists and all the worst elements of our society.

@fishline79 You start with "If he has power over Garland", then ask why is Garland has not arrested or given a suboena to Trump.

You need to learn reading comprehension. I said the President can fire the Attorney Genereal at will, and HE CAN. Do you dispute that? That is ALL I said on the matter. I did NOT say a President can make an Attny General do anything. A President can fire an Attny General for not doing what the President wanted him or her to do.

Perhaps the reason Garland has not taken specific action against Trump is because he doesn't think any action is warranted. I really don't know, and neither do you.

You end with an improper conclusion. The reason Trump can run for President again is that currently there is no conviction for a crime that would preclude such action.

While I dislaike Trump very much, and wish he would disappear, I don't draw wild conclusions such as you have.

Now reread what I originally wrote and if you have a valid question, let me know.

@Alienbeing Think what you want. I will not waste any more time arguing the obvious with fools. If you want to know what lead up to what is happening in our country, look to Russia. Look up PBS "Frontline" season 40, episode 7, "Putin's road to War", and you will see who is really running our country. Get your head out of your hole in the ground. The entire free world is trembling with terror at the new "Tzar" who sees himself as both Stalin and Hitler, and are powerless to offer any resistance to Putin's audacious seizure of Ukraine, and he will not stop at the borders of NATO, and his Puppet, Trump couldn't be happier. Watch the documentary and you will see Trump beside a grinning Putin at their twin podia in Helsinki, literally patting Putin on the back after Trump's campaign success with the help of Putin's propaganda machine, even though Clinton won the popular vote. And you still don't believe Trump is guilty of the crimes I attributed to him and which Garland and Trumps puppets in the Supreme Court refuse to acknowledge or punish? Wake up. How can people be so blind?

@fishline79 Who are you replying to? Certainly not me because you are discussing things I never brought up.

For example, where did I ever say or even infer Trump was not guilty of crimes. The answer is NEVER, and actually I think he is.

If you want to discuss what I actually said, let me know.

Perhaps you should not be stoned when you reply.

I think you're opening paragraph is a dire overstatement. Ideally, the POTUS doesn't have power over The AG. It is not "His" AG but The AG. To avoid political corruption they should mostly communicate through media. I don't see reports of long meetings with Garland. I agree it's time to put public pressure on Garland through demonstrations. Explain to the media the consequence to Biden if Garland doesn't remove Thomas for voting on a trump issue. Maybe just removing him for having cast a vote sympathetic to the criminal goals of his wife? I tell people to put on their Target bought camy's and email Garland on the DoJ website. We can only contact the SCOTUS by snail mail so I gave the receptionist an earful and go demonstrate in front of our NV SCOTUS Bldg. I'm sure they communicate.

I do have a tendency to hyperbole. I am, after all, a satirist. Also, my posts are opinions and do not pretend to be totally truthful, although they are usually relatively true.

Well stated. Trump's continued loyalty to Putin, and his profound psychopathic state represent serious challenges. Also, the way corporate interests fund and control individual politicians causes endless corruption. What is bizarre is how Trump consistently railed against the Deep State (DOJ and the intelligence agencies), but by their actions, it's clear they all turned a blind eye to myriad illegal acts committed by him and his cronies.

At the same time, we should be clear-eyed that the fix is in. Biden could replace Garland at any time. The absurdly light sentences given to the sedition plotters and Jan 6 participants is sickening. Every punch that should be thrown is pulled. Biden, until demonstrating otherwise, is Trump lite. And so much more...

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:658404
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.