Agnostic.com

4 25

In front of the church across the street... Finally a religious group does something cool. Kudos to those Episcopalians!

Paul4747 8 Apr 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

One of the better ones

That’s one in a row.

Well, there was the whole "supporting the civil rights movement", but that was a little before my time.

@Paul4747 I don’t believe it. They’re Christians, right? So far as I can tell, Jimmy Carter is the only Christian who supports Civil Rights.

@MsKathleen Are you forgetting Martin Luther King? Al Sharpton? Jesse Jackson? The Southern Christian Leadership Conference? (Now that I think about it, only MLK was before my time.)

Christianity is not monolithic, is my point. There are people on both sides of all issues, as with atheists, Jews, Muslims, etc.

@MsKathleen They do along with female priests and gay rights and priests

@Paul4747
No, I have not forgotten. But I live in southwest Arizona, where it is made difficult to remember. The number of unkind people here amazes me on a daily basis. Many “good” Christians are the worst.

Unfortunately, AFAIK, half the Evangelicals support Putin!!! (Presumably as a hold-over of loyalty to Trump, but still, what assholes).

@MaryChristmas Yes, I'm not that familiar with Episcopalians, but I can believe they don't count themselves as Evangelicals. I'll even guess the same for Presbyterians. AFAIK, Evangelicals solidly supported Trump.

I worked in an Episcopal church for 10 years, as well as being raised as one. They are generally pretty progressive politically, but it also depends what part of the country they are located in.

@racocn8 It's an offshoot of the Anglican church, much more cosmopolitan and less dogmatic than Evangelicals.

I bet the church passed the offering dish to pay for the flag.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:658738
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.