Agnostic.com

1 1

First short story I wrote when practicing French, this is in interlinear form, French on top, English on bottom.

Qu'est-ce qui se passe?
What is happening?

En général, M. Lèveillé dort très bien, mais hier soir il n'a pas bien dormi.
In general, Mr. Lèveillé sleeps very well, but last night he did not sleep well.

Pourquoi?
Why?

Il était une heure et il dormait très bien dans sa chambre. Soudain, il entendit un bruit.
It was one o'clock and he was sleeping very well in his room. Suddenly he heard a noise.

Monsieur Lèveillé décide d'enquêter, saisit son arme et descend l'escalier.
Monsieur Lèveillé decides to investigate, grabs his gun and goes down the stairs.

Sur en arrivant dans le salon, il voit les empreintes de petits animaux sur son tapis.
When he arrives in the living room, he sees the footprints of small animals on his carpet.

Quand il entre dans le couloir, il voit son chat debout sur une table, regardant en bas et sifflant fort.
When he walks into the hallway, he sees his cat standing on a table, looking down and hissing loudly.

En bas, il voit deux ratons laveurs, faire la fête, boire son vin et manger le la nourriture pour chat!
Below, he sees two raccoons, partying, drinking his wine and eating the cat food!

"Sortez, vous paresseux clochards!" crie-t-il, tandis que les ratons laveurs titubant ivre,
"Get out, you lazy bums!" he cries, as the raccoons stagger drunkenly, in a drunken,

dans une retraite ivre et précipitée. Ils trébuchent l'un sur l'autre, le chat saute sur la table
hasty retreat. They trip over each other, the cat jumps on the table

et atterrit sur eux, et tous les trois sautent par la fenêtre. Monsieur Lèveillé regarde autour de lui,
and lands on them, and the three of them jump out the window. Mr. Lèveillé looks around him,

la nourriture pour chat a disparu et son vin est introuvable.
the cat food has disappeared and his wine cannot be found.
Le lendemain matin, le chat revient, les cheveux ébouriffés, gueule de bois, et il se rend
The next morning, the cat comes back, hair disheveled, hungover, and he realizes

compte qu'il a été eu. Donc il J'ai pensé: "Et j'ai pensé que c'était fini quand mes enfants
that he has been had. So he thought, "And I thought it was over when my kids

ont vieilli et quitté la maison."
got old enough to leave home."

Archeus_Lore 7 Apr 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well done! I studied French in my youth, and it was fun reading the top to see how close I got. 🦝 🐈 🍷 📖

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:659032
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.