Agnostic.com

4 5

LINK Movement to change racist names on public lands moves forward | The Wilderness Society

"Squaw Valley Ski Resort" comes to mind.
"Racism is not systemic", says those that claim to not be such. Its everywhere when we, the people, do not insist they rename their product. Vote with you dollars. I am buying Disney stock.

Mooolah 8 Apr 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Some may find this helpful.

Further Reflection | Anti-Racist Discussions

Hosted by American Ethical Union & American Humanist Association

As we strive to affirm every human’s worth and dignity, we must first understand the oppressive systems we take part in and seek to change. Let’s together learn about and discuss inequality and bias so that we can strengthen our anti-racism advocacy and take steps towards more inclusive and equitable humanist communities. The American Ethical Union and American Humanist Association welcome you to join our Anti-Racism Discussion series, where we’ll reflect on shared materials that help us dive into uncomfortable histories and prepare for hopeful futures.

Engage in May-June Anti-Racist Discussions
Hosted by American Ethical Union & American Humanist Association
selected weekdays May 10 - June 8, 7-9pm ET on Zoom
Registration required, $25 per session

Information: [americanhumanist.org]

Interesting, a friend of mine, half native, once introduced his mother to me. She then pointed to a woman nect to her (her sister) and told me she's a squaw!

Unpopular Opinion Alert
This is ridiculous.

I wonder if they'll get around to a relatively small formation you see on your left driving south on I-82 as you come into Yakima, it's named Squaw Teat (or Tit). I was just gob smacked when I first heard what it was called.☹️

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:659133
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.