Agnostic.com

6 21

"Mom, will you send me the photo of me holding an art brush when I was a little girl?" Claire asked.

Hi honey,

"These are the photos I have of you painting," I replied. "Your dad took the photo of you holding a paintbrush at 2-1/2. Unfortunately, I don't have it. I will ask him.

"It's a great story:

"Your father got you a small easel. He put in his art studio.

"With a wide art brush you boldly drew a pair of vertical lines. You stood back and looked at your painting. Then you slashed a horizontal line across the verticals. "Done," you said.

"Claire's painting looks like calligraphy!" Terry said proudly. He loved showing your painting to friends. I just sewed your apron. Terry did the rest."

Photos are from Claire's baby book. She chose the football from a basket of balls in a store. An art teacher, Terry volunteered to do face-painting at family events.

LiterateHiker 9 Apr 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No surprise she grew up to be a beautiful woman, she was an adorable toddler!

@Larimar

What a sweet, touching thing to say. Thanks for warming my heart!

In elementary school, Claire was on the school's Twirling Tigers jump rope team. Here's Claire, 9, after the WA State Apple Blossom parade in Wenatchee. They jump-roped down the parade route. Claire's artist father painted their faces.

Claire inherited her father's poor vision. She loved these clip-on sunglasses.

At 24, Claire bravely had eye surgery. Only one eye surgeon in Seattle had the new Italian eye surgery machine plus experience. Now she has perfect vision. Her eye color went from black to hazel like mine.

@LiterateHiker Mine went from green to blue. If you closely around the pupil you can still see the green there. I was in a majorette troop for years. I know the parade circuits well. You had to be a dedicated mom to do that.

Sweet pictures! 😍

My daughter loved to draw pictures at around that age. I built her a sort of bunk bed with her part on the top and a lower portion with a desk top filled with drawing materials. She would get up, go underneath the bed and entertain herself for a long time drawing and humming. Here's a picture of her at 2 1/2 (1977). She had this odd habit of pealing off portions of wall paper.

Awesome memory

bobwjr Level 10 Apr 12, 2022

Nice memories. I wish I had more pics of my kids from that age.

I developed an interest in photography a year before my daughter was born. I photographed her throughout her childhood. On her 21st birthday I gave her a box containing photographs that I took from the day she was born. She was delighted and said that it was the best birthday present ever.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:660372
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.