Agnostic.com

8 1

Why do I see so many atheists claiming morals, like they feel the need to compete with theists? I have morals but Idc if anybody else approves. I mean, we're the end result of a 14 billion year old coincidence that'll be gone someday, so none of this really matters.

HPLoveshaft 3 Dec 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The perception that one cannot be good without God is insidious, painting us as unfit for elected office, to teach, to be parents, etc. It's not about personal approval so much as whether we're allowed to be full members of out communities.

I sincerely hope I have morals. I'm not competing but when someone tells me I don't have morals because I don't have an imaginary friend it get my dander up. I take pride in having morality.

gearl Level 8 Dec 4, 2017

I get it all the time. Without God you can have no morality. By people that know me for the person I am. It disgusts me, so I love pointing out their immorality.

Morality is civilization. We don't steal from one another because we learned a long time ago that that disrupts community and community built the house you live in, and the car you drive. Civilization is the grocery store and roads and buildings and clothes and shoes and everything.

If you are going to not adhere to morals stop benefiting from society.

It matters while we are here. I am responsible for my actions and decisions, and for the consequences thereof. So are you responsible for yours. Your approach says that, since nothing matters, we can do anything we want, no matter what damage it does. I can't and WILL NOT buy that.

Pardon me, but it's the theist who try to monopolize morality. We're just trying to tell them we don't need Santa Claus to be good.

godef Level 7 Dec 4, 2017

Ok..

Cthulu lives

Rough brother.... is this a new post. Whew!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6604
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.