Agnostic.com

10 20

Remember the internet before everyone figured out how to monetize it. Oh yeah, a lot of it was like agnostic.com.

Seriously we should occasionally tell the owners of this site thank you. Just like you and me they're not perfect but it sure is nice not to have to fight all those ads.

Thank you to agnostic.com site owners and administrators.

Lorajay 9 Apr 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This site has been a big help in keeping a lot of people sane. Thank you.

I wholeheartedly agree…well done to all who founded and continue to maintain Agnostic.com. Thank you.

Right! but don't forget Agnostic is a non-profit organization.
[agnostic.com]

" Agnostic is a non-profit organization that doesn’t charge anything for the use of the site nor do we take donations. Our funding comes from private individuals who want to promote a positive image of those who require evidence before accepting a belief. "

Diaco Level 7 Apr 13, 2022

Non-profit and non-prophet.

I'm delighted that views are expressed freely if ooo err, a tad robustly, ads notwithstanding.

Thanks to the creator, organisers and financial supporters of this stable of websites.

If @admin were to instigate ads I'd be untroubled.

What price freedom of expression?

My understanding is that some monetising of the site does go on, just not advertising. Others more knowledgeable about this site operation might comment here.

I agree 100%.

Thank you Agnostic.com.

BD66 Level 8 Apr 12, 2022

Thank you.

Love the people on Agnostic.com.

With our posts Agnostic.com has what they call a "glitch." It's maddening.

Agnostic.com deletes:

1. Numbers- numerals and cursive. Cannot write "7" or "seven." Forget "2021." Sometimes I use the Spanish word for a number.

2. Normal words- up, across, kid, daughter, girl, boy, child, teen, teenage, age, year, and more. Today I substituted "a pair of" after "two" was deleted.

Sometimes using a-hyphen (incorrectly) works.

Each time, I reword my post. Then send a letter to Agnostic.com- click on Contact- and include a link to my post.

So far this problem is only with our posts, not comments.

Love this site

bobwjr Level 10 Apr 12, 2022

Yes my first extended interaction on the internet was a site I stumbled upon while looking into how to officiate weddings and funerals. It was a site similar to this - just a discussion forum with various related topics on the Spiritual Humanism website.

I found a lot of intelligent conversation which helped me to better define ways to express my non-religious views with more confidence. I wouldn't be surprised if some of those folks are on this site now. I very much appreciate this site to see that I'm not alone in my non-religious views. 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:660541
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.