Agnostic.com

9 8

Why do men on dating sites think that a photo of them holding a dead fish might be just the thing that makes a woman say: "That's the guy for me!" ????? Also, is there a female equivalent to the dead fish photo?

Organist1 8 Apr 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He is saying without words what a great provider he will/can be. Great White Bwanna. The ones posing with a dead carcass , or their 2 wheeled mode of loud annoying transportation. Bahrutal! But engaging in a QUIET "sport" instead of dirt bikes is definitely some info.

Yep, those never captured my attention either, making me wonder if their hands smelled like fish. There was a guy whose profile picture was of him kissing a fish - and I told him that image stuck in my head and turned me off from even thinking about kissing him. I'm sure he washed his lips and brushed his teeth since then, but it just didn't make an attractive impression on me. To each their own.

So many jokes, so little time.

It's allegorical, he's simultaneously poetic, noetic and zoetic.

He's the catch you've been fishing for, the pelagic prize, the provider, the playwright and the player.

Paroxysms of ecstasy, then the man who lulls you to sleep with those soporific sounds of snoring.

As an aside, if you have any soft shots of you with food you've baked then I'd like to see them.

Asking for a friend.

How do you know the fish is dead ?

Good question, but hanging upside-down in a still shot would be a clue.

As mentioned below it all depends where you live and your target audience. In Arizona a guy with a fish can be a big deal. The female equivalent is a woman shooting her AK-47. More than likely they wouldn't use the picture if it didn't work on someone. Remember you only need to find "the one"🤣

lerlo Level 8 Apr 16, 2022

If I saw a picture of a guy shooting a red plastic toy AK-47 full of pea soup at a rubber fish, I'd be interested, because that could mean he has a silly sense of humor. I would like that.

@Organist1 I don't suggest Arizona then. Their AK-47s have real bullets that they point at real people and no one has a sense of humor

Point well taken.

I would greatly prefer to be with someone who had an interest more than hanging off my skirts.
Fishing is done in beautiful spots, (where I can read on a bank nearby), takes up a bunch of time, and leads to delicious food!
Also a guy who loves fishing wants to not waste time with a woman who wants him to give it up. IMO those pics are Very helpful!

I guess that just doesn't appeal to me as a sport. Too much of a vegetarian, I guess. I'd rather he go plant a garden, write a book, or paint, learn a song, etc.

Yes, I think a photo of a man in a beautiful outdoor setting with his pole in the water or in his waders might be pretty attractive, but the handling of the fish is just not something I'd enjoy watching in real life, since I'm a bit girly girl squeamish about dead animals, although I do like fresh catch for dinner. I'd just prefer not to see it newly dead or struggling with a hook in it's mouth for a photo op. That's just my natural reaction - but I'm not someone who enjoys fishing - though I'm grateful for fishermen and fisherladies.

Because it probably does, for a certain demographic. Men who are capable providers (hunt, fish, work a soul-numbing desk job, etc.) are generally more appealing to potential mates.

The female equivalent is any photo that features her shapeliness, her youthfulness, or her healthiness. Physical attractiveness in women. Capable provider/protector in men.

Those are equivalents for that demographic, which is not the only demographic. Thankfully.

skado Level 9 Apr 16, 2022

Hmmm...I guess you have a different opinion of dead fish than I do, lol! Sometimes a dead fish is just a dead fish.

Yes, the 60 selfies

Isn't a selfie pretty much a prerequisite for a dating profile photo? Unless of course it's a photo taken by someone else. Do you mean pics from the 1960s, as in bell bottoms and mini skirts? That would be as bad as a dead fish, probably. 60 selfies are too many.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:661210
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.