Agnostic.com

3 5

LINK Ilhan Omar: US 'Hypocritical' to Back War Crimes Probe, Must Join ICC

Rep. Ilhan Omar said it would be hypocritical for the US to support a war crimes investigation by the International Criminal Court without moving to become a member.

(I think the U.S. withdrew membership under George W. Bush, as U.S. troops and contractors tortured prisoners under his leadership. Bush and his VP Cheney would be arrested for war crimes if they traveled to certain countries.)

snytiger6 9 Apr 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Oh! Fuck her too. She married her brother.

Omar is a degenerate bigot, but the allegation that she married her brother appears to be GQP propaganda.

[businessinsider.com]

@racocn8 Unproven allegation as opposed to totally debunked. [snopes.com]

What everyone paying attention knows.

Since WW2 the US has committed many crimes, including in 1953 overthrowing an elected government in Iran. IMO, 9/11 was a long-delayed payback.

That is such a fucked up, Anti-American thing to say

@barjoe If you won’t say what’s true, you’re more than fucked up; you want to enrich those who profit from war.

If you give me any more shit like that, I will block you.

@yvilletom I don't condone the 1953 coup d'etat of Mosaddegh which put the Shah in power, it didn't justify the murder of 3K American 48 years later.

@barjoe You weren’t paying attention during the long cold war with the USSR. I was. The Washington Post now says the U.S. tried to change other countries' governments 72 times during the Cold War.

@yvilletom I'm not in disagreement, but I don't think it justifies 9/11 or the invasion of Ukraine. By the same token 9/11 didn't justify the Iraq invasion or the prolonged presence in Afghanistan.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:661372
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.