Agnostic.com

2 4

A judge....appointed in Florida by Trump after he lost...and rated "not qualified" by the American bar association....said "wearing a mask does nothing...at most it traps viruses"...

Duh...

I'll make sure I wear mine now....

Stephen Colbert explains!

Robecology 9 Apr 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We wear masks to protect others, especially if we don't know the health status of others around us, and perhaps don't know if we ourselves are carrying something, even so much as a cold or flu virus and are asymptomatic. Yes, we also get some protection for ourselves as well, but far more so if those around us are also masked.

The reporting of cases have gone to weekly in my state, so residents are being kept in the dark except for the one day of the week our higher case count is reported, along with our positivity count, hospitalizations and deaths. So, for 6 days per week, it's "out of sight, out of mind." This is creating a bit of a blind spot for those of us trying to gauge our best course of action toward wearing mask or not, attending crowded concerts, flying to visit vulnerable family members, etc.

You don't wear masks for yourself. A good expression I've heard is...
'Knee replacement surgeons don't wear masks because they're afraid of catching a bad knee.'

As if the vast majority of people here don't know this...
You wear a mask to discourage the spread of your germs to others. The benefit to you is indirect. People who think they're protecting themselves are being ignorant and selfish.

I wouldn't call it a "vast majority" but the numbers of Right wing nut jobs who buy in to the mask free mandates is significant. We have to figure out why there's so many of them!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:661975
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.