Agnostic.com

5 1

POLL Tennessee passes bill that would require drunk drivers to pay child support if they kill a parent of a minor

A Tennessee bill that would require drunk drivers to pay child support if they kill a parent due to intoxication or aggravated vehicular homicide has passed.

House Bill 1834 would require a person who is convicted of vehicular homicide to pay restitution in the form of child maintenance if their victim was the parent of a minor child. Each child of the victim would receive the restitution until they reach 18 years old and graduate high school.

Is this a good idea?

• 20 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 4 votes
snytiger6 9 Apr 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am not saying that these parents are neglectful but it is nice to see the government care about their orphans.

I wonder why they limit it to drunk drivers. Why not ordinary murderers?

skado Level 9 Apr 22, 2022

Might be good as long as the drunk driver doesn’t say since he is paying for the kid that he has to be involved in that child’s life and decisions for that child.

Will they have to pay if the kid is married? Tennessee is also looking to pass a marriage bill - only between male and female and NO age limit.

great, I get paid from the person that killed mommy or daddy. What a great way to remember them by.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:662171
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.