Agnostic.com

1 3

LINK Toyota resumes political donations to 2020 presidential election objectors

(From a strictly business standpoint, the decision makes sense, as republicans are predicted to take over majorities in both houses in the mid term elections. However, from the standpoint of ethics and making a better world, it is bad policy, as they are now once again supporting the worst people in American politics.)

Toyota is again contributing to lawmakers who resisted certifying the official results of the 2020 presidential election, despite the Japanese automaker's pledge last summer to halt such financial support.

Toyota said in July of last year that it would stop supporting lawmakers who questioned the electoral outcome amid pressure from critics including the Lincoln Project, an advocacy group that dedicated itself to defeating former President Donald Trump in his re-election bid.

snytiger6 9 Apr 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I once drove a Matrix but its been a Ford for 4 years. I'm sorry that I ever gave Toyota support. Aren't they foreign? What are they doing donating to America's political system at all? Dems should ask and go after the corrupt system which allows for foreign political "investments."

Many Toyotas sold in the U.S. are also manufactured in the U.S.

I once owned a Toyota Celica. It had over 200,000 miles on it when I got rear ended for the 4th time which bent the frame, which made it too expensive to repair. Most reliable car I ever owned.

My sister has always had Corollas. Very low maintenance costs.

Toyotas seem to last forever. It is usually an accident that takes them off the road, not generally breaking down as American cars do.

@snytiger6 I know. My ex-wife still has the one we bought while married (a 1999). The company is not honoring sanctions, though, so I would now boycott them.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:662873
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.