Agnostic.com

1 6

I grew up with my younger brother being born deaf, and we had our own sign language that nobody else knew. So I can relate to this very well. How wild is it that a whole town of people did it. I know our native Americans had their sign language. But I don't know of any other Anglo Americans that had such a thing. I could be wrong, I haven't really looked into it yet. But this is a cool bit of history all the same. [atlasobscura.com] And it was in "Martha's
Vineyard.... so you know it was a GOOD thing. šŸ˜„

Captain_Feelgood 8 Apr 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Iā€™m deaf and hear with the aid of 2 cochlear implants, one put in in 1989 and the other in 2012 when it was an outpatient procedure. Perhaps your brother needs a cochlear implant as well.

He passed away in 2019, but his problem was not something the implant would have helped anyway. He had cerebral nerve damage. Rest assured, we looked into all options. šŸ˜žšŸ‘

@Captain_Feelgood Sorry to hear that about your brother.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:663141
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.