Agnostic.com

37 0

If aliens landed on Earth, would that spell the end of Earth's religions?

One of the major teachings of religions is that humans are "divine", since they were created by "God". If aliens landed on Earth, would that shatter the foundations of what religions stand for? (I should have added this to my other questions about believing in aliens, I thought of it after I posted it, though.)

chuckles 6 Dec 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

37 comments (26 - 37)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

She landed ages ago. Just didn't think you were interesting enough to bother about.

Her species (actually there are many species) are hermaphrodite. so that makes for a large number of sexual orientations.

NOT the first thing we discussed.

Thanks for filling me in. I hadn't seen that on the X-Files. 🙂

@chuckles Well, she had to look this up apparently, we don't communicate using quantum entanglement. She doesn't know how it works but it just does. She used to example of a pizza delivery. Yes, they have pizza. (Not sure if it's the same pizza as here.)

I would certainly hope so, but it's not likely. Some folks cling to their delusions, especially in the face of matters they cannot explain, or which present a direct challenge to their beliefs.

They'll have a hard time doing improv when that happens, but they'll probably say it's part of "God's plan" and that it was foreseen by a vague/irrelevant verse in the Bible.

It will have a significant effect but remember faith does not rely on evidence. There will be plenty of faithful whose beliefs will never change.

No, they'd just be reclassified as demons.

I think most but some will adapt to the new information

If some of the most recent 'Alien Invader' movies are anything to go by (think Skyline) , then the entire human race is stuffed. Incidentally , one reviewer of the Skyline movie had commented that it was "remarkably awful and in need of a brain"

Haven't seen that movie, will keep my eye open for it.

The trumpling would either build a wall or make an alien ban....we would all be safe! Whew, problem solved....I SAID PROBLEM SOLVED!!! Next problem....so two Yeti walk into a bar....

Lol!

What do the aliens taste like ?

Space-chicken?

Ahh hell no, the Grahams, Falwells, Robertsons and Osteens of this world would just give them some Jesus lovin.

There's a lot of nonsense posted on this site. ????

Are you asking or telling us? These are hypotheticals...

Wouldn't it suck if it happen while Trump is in office and he got to be the first to meet them?!? Ugh!!! I'm sure he'd find a way to make money off them.

Nope they would just get back in their spacecraft and wouldn't come back for another 1000 years, I can see it now, captain's log star date 2725, just got off the planet Earth requesting federation officials quarantine planet for another millinia and check back for intelligent life forms then.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6632
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.