Agnostic.com

3 0

LINK Laura Ingraham's Argument Against Student Loan Debt Forgiveness Goes Awry | HuffPost Latest News

Critics came for Fox News’ Laura Ingraham on Thursday after she argued against widespread student loan debt forgiveness with a tweet about her mother working into her 70s to pay for her to attend college.

“My mom worked as a waitress until she was 73 to help pay for our college, even helped with loan repayment,” wrote Ingraham, 58, a Dartmouth College and University of Virginia School of Law alum. “Loan forgiveness just another insult to those who play by the rules,” she added.

snytiger6 9 Apr 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This debt will never disappear; someone will still have to repay it, and this someone will be the taxpayers. I would definitely not like to pay for someone’s education.
I can barely afford my loan and living, and I don’t want even more taxes because someone does not want to work. This “loan forgiveness” is just a populist statement, and nobody really knows how to do that in the best way. I think a state cannot just hire a company like Mortgage Broker Blackpool to fix things and find the best offer on the market. They would need a real strategy, not just statements, to win more votes.

I would hope that with her $15 million salary, she paid her mother back, but in true Fox greed, I'm pretty sure she didn't. Can anyone say entitled bitch?

A much simpler argument:

BD66 Level 8 Apr 29, 2022
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:663398
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.