Agnostic.com

4 9

A very long time ago I was an Morse Intercept Operator when I was Active Duty Army. This has some references to the job that I did.

HippieChick58 9 May 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In my branch, we had a lot of these. We referred to them as ditty-boppers.

I was a ditty bop.

@HippieChick58 Hopefully you are still sane. I've heard of guys throwing their typewriters out the window and running away screaming. The managing partner in my firm was also a ditty bopper. He was also a 'lightning fast, chicken Plucker (what we called ourselves due to the patch we wore).[bing.com]

@JackPedigo I am very familiar with the Lightning Fast Chicken Plucker. Ah sanity, what a concept 🙂

@HippieChick58 Wow, I'm impressed. The managing partner and I were sitting and talking in a restaurant (it was take some workers to lunch day). At our talk the admin assistants were listening to us with open mouths. It was a lot of fun to watch their expressions.

I knew about the DEW line - my Uncle Tommy worked on the construction. My ex so and his brother worked on the maintenance of the electrical and the radar systems. They're retired now but those remote sites are pretty bleak.

Holy Shit, Batman, that would have been impressive work. You probably still dream in Morse Code. I wonder what messages you get in the dreams. You have e just become a more interesting person, not that you were not before. Just the way my head works.

I used to hear Morse code in my sleep, I never tried to decipher it. I still know most of it, and as of a few years ago I would have been able to transcribe it. I haven't tried it in a few years. I suck at sending it because I never got any practice with that. We received only, or more strictly speaking we eavesdropped and copied. I always thought I should have had sons, because Boy Scouts used to have a merit badge for Morse code. My ex and father of my children was an Eagle scout. Alas (or luckily), we had only girls.

Soooo, what's with the ridiculously dramatic music? Unnecessary!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:663758
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.