Agnostic.com

6 11

"You can't stop the overturn of Roe V Wade, but here are 6 things you can do to mitigate the harm and fight back" An Article By Valerie Tarico

I met Valerie Tarico several years ago in Seattle, and enjoy her articles and blog posts.

Summarizing the article:

1. Get the word out about abortion pills and internet access.
  2. Prebuy a course of abortion pills.
  3. Join or fund the underground railroad.
  4. Find out if there are any independent abortion clinics in your area and help them.
  5. Help people not get pregnant when they don’t want to. This is our most leveraged, humane, empowering, and cost-effective strategy for mitigating post-Roe harm.
  6. Fight. Fight. Fight.

Read the blog post for more specific information:

[valerietarico.com]

Julie808 8 May 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What’s wrong with voting on whether abortion will be legal or not after 15-20 weeks.

This post is about things people can do to ease the hardships if a total abortion ban becomes law in the states projected to be affected either immediately or within days of this particular ruling. Yes, voting is great, but failing that effort, women will be looking for ways to protect themselves or find support.

The bottom line is this... the dropping of Roe vs Wade will not abolish the ability of getting an abortion... It only puts the decision into the hands of the State... THATS IT....Nothing more changes! So then you get to vote in the people that dictate your preferred rules of abortion. So what the hell is wrong with that? That is in fact Democracy in action. Is it the fact that most of the people in the country are against abortions after 16 weeks that upset you so much? Well,,, then so be it. That's Democracy at it's best my friend..... It is,, what it is... Get the FUC& over it..

Nothing will change in my state and I'm well beyond child bearing years, but the poor women many of whom find themselves pregnant against their will, like I did, have a hard enough time even in states where abortion is legal.

If YOU don't want to have an abortion (assuming YOU have a uterus?) then don't. If you don't have a uterus, then your opinion doesn't matter about the life and death situations many women find themselves in. If I had carried the embryo planted there against my will, the person who put it there would have beat me and the baby had it been born, and as it was it was just me who got beat. You don't know my story or that of other vulnerable women, and apparently have never been impregnated against your will. So, perhaps it's YOU who should keep quiet?

It will be up to the caring men and women who will fight for the freedom to choose when to have babies and then also to provide safe health care and planned parenthood for the women and children.

You obviously are not a caring person, so why even read or comment on my post? Don't answer that, since the answer is that you simply want to anger the caring people who have gone through hellish experiences and don't want others to have it even worse.

@Julie808 Mmmm.... Nope. I won't keep quiet, because I have an opinion that counts, just like everyone else's. Just so you know, I'm NOT anti-abortion. I agree totally with Mrs. Terico's suggestions. You should keep in mind it takes two to Tango. My girlfriend AND I decided to have her abort OUR baby when she got pregnant. We made sure to do it well within the 1st trimester. We were 20 years old at the time and were not ready for that commitment. I don't understand your apoplectic response, mainly because you didn't address a single point I made. But instead, you made statements that are totally untrue, and rather absurd.

It is illogical to argue that you can only have an opinion regarding an issue that you have personal experience. This argument employs what is commonly referred to as the “genetic fallacy”. i.e. that the truth of one’s position doesn’t depend on the gender of the person who is expressing it but on the integrity and accuracy of the argument itself. I guess you think stay at home moms shouldn't have an opinion on tax laws as well. You know, seeing as they don't make a taxable income and all. Perhaps they shouldn't even be able to vote, sense it's our elected officials are the ones writing those tax laws.

I'm sorry you went through what you did, but the fact that you stayed with a guy that would hit you dose not speak well of your mental and emotional stability. I feel bad for you.

To suggest I'm not a caring person is just an ignorant ad hominem attack on someone you don't personally know. And that speaks volumes about you. So if you have a problem with something I wrote responding to your post, that's fine. Point out what you disagree with and tell me why. Perhaps add a link to some site showing what I said is incorrect. This is a public forum where everyone is allowed to express their thoughts and opinions. If you don't like it, don't read peoples responses.

@Captain_Feelgood You are the one responding to a post without addressing it, but introducing incorrect information. There are states that are banning abortion after 6 weeks, not 16 weeks, and that is a big difference. My post is about things a person can do in the event this ruling comes to pass and we DO have to "Get the FUC& over it.." as you so eloquently stated.

I'm on the side of creating solutions and of fighting for keeping options open. I took offense at your reply, as that is obviously what you intended.

@Julie808 Well, no.. I certainly was not intending to offend anyone. So let's go back to the beginning and work through this real quick... Correct me where I'm wrong. (I've been wrong before... it happens.. at least I'm willing to admit it.) Time line: Word gets out that someone working for the FSC leaked out that they were moving to repeal Roe vs Wade. Then you post your ValerieTarico blog talking about what to do if R vs W is repealed... Am I okay so far? .... So I responded with what will happen if it actually is repealed.. Okay? Are we okay so far? Did I get something wrong?

@Captain_Feelgood Yes it is offensive to tell a hurting person to ""Get the FUC& over it.." There are several states which would immediately ban the right to choose.

This is a very triggering time for many of us who have gone through traumatic experiences and would not like to see other go through even worse experiences in the future.

So, posting some positive choices a person can make to ease the pain and suffering (other than suicide, which sadly is what some women will choose) then I think you should stay in your own lane and make your own posts that reflect your position and not insult me and others like me with your callous comment.

I'm done with this conversation. Please have a heart and stop your comments on my post. Thank you.

@Julie808 Mmm... sorry if telling you the truth is somehow triggering. I feel for you. 🙄 And no, you don't tell me when and where I can post. Feel free to block me, I don't care.

@Captain_Feelgood. Exactly

do whatever is needed

Whatever is needed to combat this horrible turn of events

America is about to shoot itself in the uterus, and all because its Christian Taliban.

Get article and wonderful suggestions. Thanks for sharing this! Good info to have!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:664237
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.