Agnostic.com

4 5

When forgetting your son's birthday three years in a row isn't the worst character flaw you have...

OldMetalHead 9 May 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

wtf?

How anyone can forget his child bday . I can’t even pass reading rest of crap . I just can’t .
I am sure the motherfucker remember his own bday . Poor child . Just poor child 🙁

"Betrayed" is, in other areas of her life, a perfectly lovely person......NOT!!!!!!

Here's the other, albeit less scathing, part of the reply:
I assume that my suggestion will evoke a reaction that your sexuality is at the core of who you are. The same is true for your son. He has a right to be accepted by his parents for being exactly who he is.
When you “forget” a child’s birthday, you are basically negating him as a person. It is as if you are saying that you have forgotten his presence in the world. How very sad for him.

Pressuring your son to change his sexuality is wrong. If you cannot learn to accept him as he is, it might be safest for him to live elsewhere.

A group that could help you and your family figure out how to navigate this is Pflag.org. This organization is founded for parents, families, friends and allies of LGBT people, and has helped countless families through this challenge. Please research and connect with a local chapter.

[washingtonpost.com]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:664761
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.