Agnostic.com

9 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I thought God was supposed to be invisible and works in mysterious ways. Unknowable yet omniscient. Can't touch him because he's everywhere all at the same time. Does that sound like a human?

God is supposed to be eternal right? And humans are supposed to be made in his image. So, then humankind is eternal and each individual is simply part of the human evolution process? In that way we are everywhere, eternally, well at least as far back as the year beginning with Adam and Eve? What if some of us are from the tribes of people outside Eden, the land of Nod or elsewhere?

Just thinking out loud.

We as humans don't live eternally individually, but our offspring continues the human race forward. Humanity will go on regardless of how many adults and children die of natural and unnatural causes, accidentally or intentionally. How many children were killed in the bible?

That also goes for eggs and sperm, needing the right environment to succeed, just like an infant needs the right environment to thrive.

If humans are made in God's image, yet we can't see him, how can we know at what stage God is in? Is he an embryo? Is he an egg? Is he a child, an adult, or dead, with just the idea of God remaining eternally carried in the minds of believers?

If God is just an idea, and an egg, sperm, or embryos still forming is an idea, how is that different that the glimmer of an eye between 2 potential lovers before they consummate their love? Or the evil eye of a rapist or soldier for another god committing rape for the purpose of ethnic cleansing?

Humanity (if made in God's image) shouldn't need direction from a bible or other scripture, if we rely on our own human values, ethics and morals, socially agreed upon laws and social courtesies. If we are indeed made in God's image, then aren't we also are capable of using our own minds, creating our own laws, based on modern society and scientific breakthroughs in medicine and so on, not known about when the bible or the constitution was written?

It's just difficult to say that we are made in God's image, when nobody can describe exactly what that is. A blob? A wispy cloud in the sky?

Oh, God is metaphor, an idea, you say, a glimmer of hope, which can change and adapt to the whims of how best to use it for power over a particular group? Okay, well then that makes sense.

Nobody can know, at least those of us who are agnostic, so how about we each decide what's best for ourselves and our families, and not meddle in other's private matters. The constitution allows for separation of state and church. Let's keep to that. Religious views shouldn't enter into it at all.

They want cannon fodder!

Created in the image of god. Still in the womb of imagination but not there as a being yet.

What's next? If it isn't in the Constitution it don't count.

Women and minorities lose the right to vote?
Interracial and gay marriages outlawed?
Non religious people not allowed to hold office or express opinions on town meetings?
Incest with daughters not considered rape?
Rapes become misdemeanors?
Courts adhere to religious doctrine to decide punishments?
Killing women, minorities and gays considered not that bad?
Boys will be boys.

Forcing women for breeding purposes like in The Handmaid's Tale.

Oh, and having them dress like that too.

Deeper and deeper into a land of ignorance and stupidity the US goes.

Life begins at the moment of fertilization. Let's sell you on a load of vegetables with that idea in mind. Look at your lovely apples and carrots. Oh, you have to have faith for this because they are not there yet. Damned ignorant angry Christians.

Fucking Louisiana... I need to get out of this hellhole. New Orleans is it's only saving grace.

Love New Orleans, wish something could be done about the rest of the state. The South, much of it anyway sucks.

And NO will be under water before long, so you best get on out of there….πŸ‘€

@Buck yep... trying to convince my grown kids. I may take off north without them but I have a 1 yr old granddaughter with a sibling on the way.... they change so quickly its hard to leave!! The only reason I'm back here to begin with is because I wanted the older grandkids to remember having me around.

@JonnaBononna Just a matter of when with rising sea levels. The upgraded levees barely did the job with the last hurricane season…..πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

@JonnaBononna You can’t tell people shit. Look how many are still moving to Fla?!πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

@Buck definitely a matter of time... my kids all accept climate change, except my 2nd son who is his dad and, sadly, a right winger πŸ™„

@Buck Colorado is my goto if I'm staying in the US.

@JonnaBononna I have two sons. Both right wingers. I feel your pain. πŸ€—

@Redheadedgammy my boy has III% stickers on the back window of his truck. Yuck

@JonnaBononna My two keep their political opinions quiet. One is a fireman/paramedic so because he works for the City of Houston he has to stay quiet. The other worries about losing business if he’s to open about his politics. As a family we do not discuss politics or religion and that works for us. πŸ˜‰

Why Colorado? πŸ€”

@Buck beautiful scenery, should fare well with climate change I'd think, and it's relatively progressive.

@JonnaBononna At one time I was considering BC. But those heatwaves and subsequent fires they had in the NW last year were pretty scary. Seems everywhere is subject to the effects of climate change. I’m thinking away from the equator is probably a persons best bet though….πŸ€”

@Buck the projections say that agriculture will become huge in Russia and Canada.

It’s going to get really ugly in this Country. Everyone take care and be safe. Watch these nutty people closely, they are dangerous.

I've recently had 2 people express their concern for my safety.
They know I will not back down from anyone.

If I run into any of these assholes, I WILL challenge them. I HAVE TO.

@KKGator Same . I am at point of my career that I give no fucks . They need me . I don’t need them .
No kids . No family here . Besides my boys , and as long as my best friend alive and willing to look after them , I am willing to go to jail if I have to . But I will speak out first . No fucks given . Worthy cause . I am ok w it

@KKGator 😍 I agree. These people have been stirred up by lies and for some of them the truth will never matter. They are looking for blood it appears. πŸ™

@KKGator, @Pralina1 oh that more Natural born Americans felt the way you do. 😍 I love your passion.

@Redheadedgammy Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

@KKGator @Pralina1 Two of my favorite ladies proving once again what total badasses they are. We'll probably all be sharing a prison cell in the new american theocracy but, at least, we can have a threesome before they execute us for crimes of heresy and blasphemy.

They have more concern for fetuses than they do for unwanted, neglected, and abused children.

Betty Level 8 May 6, 2022

They care about power and money. FUCK this SCROTUS. I hope this brings out Women led landslide, Blue Tsunami and expanding the Court. Enough.

@HankHunter13 I agree.

@HankHunter13 expanding the court is what I was thinking. Use this to convince Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski to vote to end the filibuster, then expand the court. Dems have to stop being so soft

@JonnaBononna Yeah, maybe Collins has learned a lesson and suddenly decided to vote in the countries best interest, but I doubt it.

@MyTVC15 I doubt it too....

@MyTVC15 Susan does what’s best for Susan. πŸ˜‰

@Redheadedgammy Frankly, I think she is scared of what the Trumpsters will do to her if she get out of line.

@MyTVC15 That likely determines her decisions because she has seen what the MAGAts do to people. πŸ˜‰

@Redheadedgammy I get the impression that she is terrified. Considering they are domestic terrorists, it all makes sense.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:664784
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.