Agnostic.com

4 1

Conflicting news from Ukraine. How will the Western media handle it?

"Located about 48km off of Ukraine’s southern coast, Snake Island was taken by the Russian Navy in the first week of military operations. The Ukrainian government and media initially claimed that 13 brave defenders all died after telling the Russian ship demanding their surrender to “go f*** yourself.”

They were "posthumously" decorated as Heroes of Ukraine, only to turn up alive within days, as the Russian Navy revealed that a total of 82 border guards stationed on the island had surrendered without a fight."

Ukraine failed in attempt to retake Snake Island – Russia [rt.com]

FrayedBear 9 May 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

On 26 February 2022 the State Border Guard Service of Ukraine announced the 13 guards who died defending Snake Island might instead have been captured by Russian forces having surrendered without a fight.
An issued a statement saying that they believed that "all Ukrainian defenders of Snake Island may be alive" was released to the world press on this date by the Ukrainian government.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Which Ukrainian hastily changed the Wikipedia record after reading the RT report? 🤣

I watch RT sometimes but I do not take anything political from the Russians seriously. I have no time to post refuting items. All of this is about money in one form or another and they want as many of us onboard for the ride as possible.

I fail to see your logic of posting things from rt. In any scenario involving two groups, doesn't it make more sense to use a media source that doesn't have an obvious conflict of interest or bias. It seems you left your logical and skeptical parts of your brain at the door.

Tejas Level 8 May 9, 2022

Like many in this world I have posted this so that others who have reliable information can post it to refute what the report states. My only contribution has been to ask "How will the Western media handle it?"

In your conditioning all you are capable of is ad hominem insult. Instead of that why don't you pretend to be intelligent & go research what the Western media has reported. Then share the result of your research with the rest of us.

Who knows someone may even cease to think that you're stupid*.

Stupid *

[en.m.wikipedia.org]

These are Cipolla's five fundamental laws of stupidity:

1. Always and inevitably everyone underestimates the number of stupid individuals in circulation.
  2. The probability that a certain person (will) be stupid is independent of any other characteristic of that person.
  3. A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person or to a group of persons while himself deriving no gain and even possibly incurring losses.
  4. Non-stupid people always underestimate the damaging power of stupid individuals. In particular non-stupid people constantly forget that at all times and places and under any circumstances to deal and/or associate with stupid people always turns out to be a costly mistake.
  5. A stupid person is the most dangerous type of person.

Corollary: a stupid person is more dangerous than a pillager.

I wonder if the Irish Free Press will suggest sending St Patrick to the rescue?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:665328
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.