Agnostic.com

8 6

Just a comment this time. Whenever I ask a Christian about how the Earth was populated since Adam and Eve were the only two humans to reproduce, wouldn't their children have to perform incest and then their grandchildren perform incest and so on and so on, they just get a blank look on their face and can't come up with any response at all šŸ˜‚

SRQ1 4 May 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Which could explain higher rates of incest in evangelical families (or lack of education).

Aged 6 or 7ā€¦I ran up against the same thorny problem. It happened when I read in Genesis that God created Adam & Eve, and they begat 2 sonsā€¦Cain & Abelā€¦.and Cain slew Abel (nasty fratricidal brother)ā€¦and then lo and behold Cain took a wife! Even at that tender age I could see a glaring hole in the storyline!! Where, I askedā€¦.did this wife come from? My father who was a non-believer couldnā€™t answer my question, except to say ask a clergyman or your teacher and see if you get an answer to that puzzling question. Iā€™m now 77 and I still have never had a satisfactory answer from a clergyman or anyone else, except that they always say ā€œoh God obviously went on to create more peopleā€, but of course I do point out that nowhere in the bible is that fact ever stated or even hinted at. The only conclusion I can arrive at, other than the whole story is baloney, is that Eve either had a daughter (never mentioned) and Cain married his sister, or in fact he married Eve herselfā€¦even more incestuous and taboo than marrying his sister! I think baloney is what I thought aged 6/7, and I still do 70 years later!

"Things were different back then! OUT OF CONTEXT!!"

That makes Eve the Mother and Grandmother of all of us at th same time.

Then god did it again after Noah.

Yeah, I asked that question in catechism when I was probably 7 years old, and got whacked on the hand by the nun with a ruler. Gotta wonder if that's why my hands are a bit malformed, haha!

They say that Adam and Eve's sons found wives in the Land of Nod... but then doesn't that mean Adam and Eve were NOT the first people? No sense trying to get things to add up there. It's just a myth and it's all metaphorical. Still doesn't make a lot of sense to me though.

Welcome to the insanity and brutality of the God Mob!

One nun told me that all the other people were savages that were saved. That was suppose to satisfy me and shut me up. I had gotten several other children interested in hearing an answer so that is what the nun came up with.

@Betty It simply amazes me what lies these numbskulls come out with.

@anglophone You and me both. Lies are so hard to keep track of, it's so much easier to remember the truth. Less humiliation that way. šŸ™‚

Yes..I was around the same age when I saw the glaring error in that particular piece of fiction.

Welcome to the incogency of the willfully ignorant and the willfully stupid.

I have asked that same question many times when I was barely a teen and never got an answer. The subject was always changed back to me and why was I questioning when I should just have faith.

It didn't satisfy me then and that is part of how I ended up here. šŸ™‚

Betty Level 8 May 17, 2022
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:666706
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.