Agnostic.com

5 17

You can get out': Lyft driver stands up against passengers' racist comments.

"What you said is completely inappropriate. You can get out," he said. "Now."

"You guys are racist."

The guy off-camera called the driver a "n****r lover."

[cnn.com]

LiterateHiker 9 May 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I heard the whole thing on my favorite progressive radio channel. With commentary. Bravo!

Good for the driver. There should be more like him.

What the woman said was indeed inappropriate, but I could see most people shrugging it off and just going on with business as usual. What is remarkable is the driver's sensitivity to that ugliness and his willingness to call it out. And then, sealing the deal, you can hear the guy off camera call the driver a "n****r lover." I think the last time I heard anyone utter that phrase I was in junior high, nearly 50 years ago. Thanks to assholes like the Done Cheato, what was once on the fringe has now become mainstream. On his cable TV show, Fox News' Tucker Carlson has spoken of the mythical "great replacement" of white people by people of color over 400 times. You can draw a straight line from Trump and Fox News to the recent massacre of black folks in Buffalo. Trump, Carlson, and his boss, Rupert Murdoch, all have blood on their hands.

@Flyingsaucesir

Exactly. When I moved to rural Wenatchee, WA in 1984, I felt shocked.

"I never laugh at racist jokes," I said firmly and loudly. Awkward silence. "I was just kidding," people replied lamely.

People stopped telling racist jokes around me. Good.

These were lifelong Wenatchee residents. I couldn't relate to them. Some bragged they had never been to Seattle. They thought Wenatchee was the center of the universe.

Instead I made friends with progressive, well educated people like me who moved here from another state.

That was awesome!

Awesome display of morals

bobwjr Level 10 May 18, 2022
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:666904
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.