Agnostic.com

1 3

Biden assails bigotry after Buffalo attack, says ‘white supremacy is a poison’

BUFFALO — President Biden said Tuesday that the gunman who killed 10 people at a grocery store here carried out a “murderous, racist rampage,” decrying at length an attack that he called “domestic terrorism.”

Visiting a city in mourning three days after the bloodshed, Biden said, “Evil did come to Buffalo.” Authorities say a White 18-year-old traveled hundreds of miles to the city and opened fire in the market, in a predominantly Black neighborhood, on Saturday afternoon. Investigators believe the attacker posted a rambling, racist screed online beforehand declaring himself a white supremacist.

Speaking not far from the grocery store, Biden took part in what has become a grim tradition of presidents visiting shaken communities after yet another mass shooting. He also made explicit connections among some of these attacks, invoking by name places — such as El Paso, Pittsburgh and Charleston, S.C — where officials said people accused or convicted of mass killings were fueled by bigotry and hatred.

Full Article: [washingtonpost.com]

nogod4me 8 May 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What? I thought violence was a perfectly acceptable form of political discourse... That's what 74 million people believe...

I wouldn't call them people.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:666946
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.