Agnostic.com

8 2

They may be crazy but the Xstians want to indoctrinate public school students and they are organized.
[facebook.com]

SnowyOwl 8 May 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The usual S T U P I D crap. So whose prayers need to be said? When prayers are started the different sects will fight for dominance and things will actually get worse. JW's are against prayers in schools as theirs are different from most mainstream Christian sects. Then there is the issue of should a group that pays no taxes allowed to participate in government programs subsidized by people/groups that do pay taxes?

Just to clarify, the JW's are against saying prayers by rote, so therefore they are against the saying of the Lord's Prayer in any location. They believe that standardized prayers serve to lessen the devotion of the act and therefore they make them up off the top of their heads each time and as an Atheist who has heard these ramblings to Jehovah spoken over a beautiful dinner for several minutes while the food gets cold, they tend to be pretty uniform and poorly composed.
I offered to take the load off my elder brother's shoulders at one family dinner and he was so pleased at the possibility of my having a change of heart towards religion that he gladly gave his assent but was horribly surprised when I bowed my head and the loudly proclaimed 'Rubba dub dub, thanks for the grub, Yea God!'. He never fell for that one again and he looked like he was eating raw lemons for the whole meal.

They want to GROOM children to be religious zombies.

Well, my christian, trump voting, gop supporting, non-vaxed twin has been trying to tell me for years, all the problems we have are because we took prayer out of schools.
It's scary and exactly what happened around the country when Brown v Board of education came down. The white people open their own private academies so they would not have to send their kids to school with kids of color. Communities with public swimming pools closed them and filled them in so as not to have to mix white people in the community with people of color.
We have laws against discrimination and what religious orgs can do in the public sphere; doesn't mean there aren't those folks out there getting creative with how they do work arounds.😡

Tell your christian, trump voting, gop supporting, non-vaxed twin any school kid who wants to pray is free to pray. The courts took GOVERNMENT-MANDATED PRAYER out of schools.

These people are nuts. I couldn’t for the life of me understand why he had all those people behind and beside him talking the whole time. What a bunch of wackos.

It’s easy to ridicule these people (and I certainly do), but mostly I see it as a tragic example of what happens to a healthy mind that has been hijacked by the God Virus. And the fact is that most of them never consciously chose their beliefs, having been born into it and indoctrinated from a very young age. That is to say, brainwashed. There but for the grace of fate go I.

@NostraDumbass It's all in good fun until they start piling up the firewood for the bonfire and you're the guest of honor. 😉

The American Taliban continues to grow.

Scary? Yes. Crazy? Yes. But the christians have been wanting to get more religion in school for at least the past century.

This is exactly what Katherine Stewart warns about in her book The Good News Club: The Christian Right’s Stealth Assault on America’s Children.

They want to indoctrinate school children and everyone else alive.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:667053
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.