Agnostic.com

9 2

As an agnostic you don't know about god then what drives you in life?

Generally believing in God gives you motto in life based on religious books but if you don't believe in God then what ?

• 0 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 6 votes
heetendra 5 Apr 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would say all of those things except for the last one. I'm not sure what "truth of the world" means in the sense that it's something that could be found objectively.

I never saw the belief in god as a driver in my life, not even a co-pilot.

I help people because I love helping people. As a humanist, I believe the change in the world doesn't come from some angry god, but from people who see a need a fill it. Sometimes they do it stupidly, or greedily.

Being open to the mystery of the unknown. Some questions have answers that are beyond our current comprehension.

I have never believed in gods.

As a social animal I strive to enjoy my life and know that the best way to achieve that aim is to share my space with the rest of life on this planet.

I have many reasons, you got close to some of them but not quite. I like helping anything that deserves help, not just people. I'm all for enjoying life, but I think of that more as a path not a goal. The next one, I'd have to change to study the meaning of life. I am fascinated with the ideas everyone comes up with and I read about a lot of beliefs, but I'm not doing it in the hopes of finding something to believe in, I just enjoy learning more about how people think. Which sorta answers number 6 too. And both my family and goals in life are a part of it, but not the whole story. I have been leaning lately mor towards the idea that the whole point in life is to figure out what makes it important to each individual, and then find ways to make that beneficial to yourself and others.

Byrd Level 7 Apr 26, 2018

My only real goal is to try to live my life in such a way that the world will have been better off by having been in it.

I don’t believe in anything. Belief is the acceptance of something for truth, with no evidence or logical reason to do so.

@heetendra animal instinct. The thing we share with all life. Feed, reproduce, deficate, rest, die. That’s just what living matter does.

Truths in science, I am very curious about cosmology

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:66746
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.