Agnostic.com

1 5

LINK Trump pays contempt fine

Donald Trump has paid the $110,000 fine levied after he was held in contempt by a New York judge, according to a spokesperson for New York Attorney General Letitia James. An attorney for Trump also filed more than a dozen affidavits due Friday in an effort to purge the contempt finding.

Trump was held in contempt April 25 after failing to comply with a subpoena requiring he turn over documents to investigators conducting a sprawling civil financial fraud probe for New York Attorney General Letitia James. The subpoena sought documents related to Trump's personal finances, as well as information related to the financing of several properties. Trump was fined $10,000 per day through May 6, the date of his most recent attempt to satisfy Judge Arthur Engoron's demands.

In response to the May 6 filing, Engoron halted the fine and suspended the contempt finding, but said he was still unsatisfied with Trump's explanation of how he and his attorneys managed to find zero documents that complied with the subpoena.

(If I were the judge, I'd assign forensic accountants to go over Trump's business records, and bill Trump for the costs.)

snytiger6 9 May 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I agree with you so much on the last sentence of this post.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:667650
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.