Agnostic.com

2 3

LINK BREAKING CONFIRMED: Putin Cancer, Assassination Attempt

So it's all about his legacy. Putin, a demonstrable egomaniac.

"The report cites three US intelligence leaders, one from the office of the Director of National Intelligence, one from the Defense Intelligence Agency, and one who is a retired Air Force senior officer. They claim that Putin received cancer treatment as recently as April and that the disease is advanced. "

redbai 8 June 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The Guardian recently reported as follows:
Quote:
Vladimir Putin Rumours continue about Putin’s health – with little to back them up
Observers point to indicators of ill health from video footage, but others advise against wishful thinking

Russia-Ukraine war: latest updates
Vladimir Putin
Andrew Roth in Moscow
Tue 31 May 2022 02.58 AEST
The rumours have spanned the gamut: Vladimir Putin is suffering from cancer or Parkinson’s disease, say unconfirmed and unverifiable reports, the Russian leader has survived a coup attempt or, as some tabloids think, he is already dead and has been replaced by a body double.

Photographs of Putin meeting top aides are inspected in microscopic detail: is he gripping the table in pain during a meeting with defence minister Sergei Shoigu in late April? Is his puffy face a sign of steroid use, as former foreign secretary Lord Owen claimed in March?

As Russia’s war in Ukraine enters its fourth month, reports suggest that Russia’s leader may be ill. But that may be just wishful thinking for Putin’s many critics, who appear ready to embrace conspiracy theories of divine vengeance or palace coups for his unrelenting assault on Ukraine.

In an interview on Sunday, Russia’s foreign minister, Sergei Lavrov, was forced to deny speculation that Putin was ill or dying, as the diplomat continued to defend Russia’s assault on Ukraine.

“President Vladimir Putin appears in public every day,” Lavrov said in an interview with French television. “You can watch him on screens, read and listen to his performances. I don’t think that sane people can see signs of some kind of illness or poor health.”

He said he left reports of Putin’s poor health “on the conscience of those who spread such rumours”.

On Monday, Putin spoke with the Turkish president, Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, and chaired a meeting of his security council. Both meetings were held remotely, as the Kremlin leader continues his coronavirus isolation. Aides and world leaders who have met Putin but have not quarantined have been forced to sit at a long table, dozens of metres away from the president.

Last week, Ukrainian military intelligence chief Kyrylo Budanov said he believed that Putin was both seriously ill and that he had survived a recent coup attempt, saying only that the supposed attackers came from the Caucasus region.

“He has several serious illnesses, one of which is cancer,” Budanov told Ukrainian outlet Ukrainskaya Pravda. “But it’s not worth hoping that Putin will die tomorrow.” He also claimed that a coup “will eventually lead to the change of leadership of the Russian Federation. This process has already been launched.”

A former Soviet spy has claimed that Putin has Parkinson’s disease, while New Lines Magazine claimed to have obtained a recording of an oligarch saying Putin is “very ill with blood cancer”. Neither of the reports have been confirmed.

One report from the Proekt investigative website said that Putin is believed to have thyroid cancer or another disease.

The report was based on leaked travel documents that showed that Putin had received regular visits from an oncologist and from two otolaryngologists, whom the outlet said would often make a first diagnosis of a thyroid condition. The Kremlin has not confirmed any reports about Putin being sick, saying that the Russian leader is in excellent health. Dmitri Peskov, a Kremlin spokesman, called it a “fabrication and untruth”.

Rumours of Putin suffering from illness and injury have stretched back for more than two decades and are, to a certain degree, the fault of the Kremlin for closely guarding information about Putin’s health and whereabouts.

Since taking power, Putin has been portrayed as an active sportsman to contrast with the image of Boris Yeltsin as a heavy drinker whose poor health made him an even poorer leader.

But Putin has disappeared for weeks at a time in the past, amid reports of sporting injuries from ice hockey and judo. He recently told an interviewer that he had fallen off a horse early in his presidency as well.

The Kremlin has regularly used pre-filmed reports, often called “conserves”, to make it appear that Putin is in meetings when he is in fact unaccounted for. One extended absence took place during the coronavirus outbreak, when Putin claimed to be in Moscow while reports said he was in Sochi, occasionally appearing in an identical office as if in Moscow.

Since the beginning of the war, some reports have focused specifically on Putin’s pained body language, suggesting that he may have some back problems. A bulky frame has been explained alternatively as the president wearing a back corset or some kind of body armour when in public.

Those rumours gained steam when Putin noticeably grimaced during a meeting with Shoigu in late April. Putin will turn 70 in October and the focus on his health is likely to continue as he ages. But Budanov said he believed that Putin “still has at least a few years left. Whether we like it or not, that’s the truth.”

Russia’s invasion of Ukraine has abruptly transformed the world. Millions of people have already fled. A new Iron Curtain is grinding into place. An economic war deepens, as the military conflict escalates, civilian casualties rise and evidence of horrific war crimes mounts.

It’s our job at the Guardian to decipher a rapidly changing landscape, particularly when it involves a mounting refugee crisis and the risk of unthinkable escalation. Our correspondents are on the ground in Ukraine and throughout the globe delivering round-the-clock reporting and analysis during this perilous situation.

We know there is no substitute for being there – and we’ll stay on the ground, as we did during the 1917 Russian Revolution, the Ukrainian famine of the 1930s, the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991 and the first Russo-Ukrainian conflict in 2014. We have an illustrious, 200-year history of reporting throughout Europe in times of upheaval, peace and everything in between. We won’t let up now.

Tens of millions have placed their trust in the Guardian’s fearless journalism since we started publishing 200 years ago, turning to us in moments of crisis, uncertainty, solidarity and hope. We’d like to invite you to join more than 1.5 million supporters from 180 countries who now power us financially – keeping us open to all, and fiercely independent.

Unlike many others, the Guardian has no shareholders and no billionaire owner. Just the determination and passion to deliver high-impact global reporting, always free from commercial or political influence. Reporting like this is vital to establish the facts: who is lying and who is telling the truth.

And we provide all this for free, for everyone to read. We do this because we believe in information equality. Greater numbers of people can keep track of the global events shaping our world, understand their impact on people and communities, and become inspired to take meaningful action. Millions can benefit from open access to quality, truthful news, regardless of their ability to pay for it.

If there were ever a time to join us, it is now. Every contribution, however big or small, powers our journalism and sustains our future. Support the Guardian from as little as $1 – it only takes a minute. If you can, please consider supporting us with a regular amount each month. Thank you.
End Quote.

[theguardian.com]?

That's a lot of words to deny something, but one thing sticks out.

“He has several serious illnesses, one of which is cancer,” said the Ukrainian military intelligence chief.

So he does have cancer. Why would a country want to depend on the decision making skills of a man who is dying of cancer. He appears to be more concerned about what people will think about his legacy than what is good for the nation of Russia. He wants to be remembered as someone who did something of consequence for Russia (i.e. expanding its borders by taking Ukraine) and it didn't work. Now the world is stuck in the morass his ego created.

@redbai you are American? Please explain to me why, irrespective of political party, Americans vote in governments that blatantly discriminate against them the citizens, by not providing them with universal health care, housing, employment, education, collective bargaining in employment, protection from CIA drug dependency in America, discrimination for not being a corporate entity, white, possessing less than several $ millions, follow policies that result in Americans being implacably hated around the world for having created death, destruction, civil disturbance, theft of national assets, destruction of democracies, ongoing destruction long after American departure through landmines, unexploded ordinance, agent orange, depleted uranium & usurping of local tradition and beliefs . . .?
I suggest that you sort your own lunacy out before casting aspersions about the competency of foreign leaders - particularly one who has helped keep you alive for more than 20 years.

@FrayedBear Because racism was birthed and still alive and thriving in America. As far as me "casting aspersions", I'll do that to whatever world leader I want to. Putin wanted to go out as a conquering hero and he failed. Nothing you've posted disputes any of that.

@redbai Wonderful arrogance & unbelievable ignorance "racism was birthed in America".

If slavery is an extreme example of racism I suggest that you open your eyes to ancient Greek, Indian, Russian, Turkish, Roman, Indonesian & Chinese cultures. America is but a baby as is frequently seen in its behaviour & beliefs.

[historyworld.net]

And today -

[worldpopulationreview.com]

@redbai and it certainly is not an excuse for its behaviour toward the other 96% of the Earth's population!

@FrayedBear Who said that "slavery is an extreme example of racism"? Slavery is not an extreme example of racism. That's stupid. They are two different things. Also, this might shock you but this thread is about Russia and Putin, not American slavery.

@redbai I thought the thread was wishful thinking that the man who has helped keep you alive the last 22 years, who has been slandered and demonised by America is dying of a nasty painful disease.
No decent human being would carry on crowing over the possibility the way that you Americans are.

@FrayedBear What the hell are you talking about? How has Putin help keep me alive. It's appears to be another ignorant comment from you like slavery being an example of racism.

@redbai Has Russia dropped the bombs & missiles on America in the 22+ years that he has been in charge in Russia?
As for slavery being an expression of racism you wish to hide from the reality that in many respects you are still a slave to the words of mass deception that you live with.

@FrayedBear So you're saying that because Russia didn't drop nuclear bombs on the United States that somehow means he kept me alive? That's the most self-serving, convoluted bullshit I've read in some time. No POTUS has dropped bombs on Russia either so I guess they all have kept Russians alive so Russians should be grateful using your ridiculous logic.

Your second sentence makes no sense whatsoever and doesn't demonstrate that slavery is an expression of racism.

@redbai I don't have a chip\ grudge on my shoulder & have to explain anything.

Your POTUS in the main appear to be like committees formed to design a race horse but keep coming up with cockroaches, snakes, donkeys, mules & camels which are admittedly a lot safer than nuclear weapons. So yes I thank them also even if they have been instrumental in moving the doomsday clock closer to midnight than anyone else, Russian leaders included.

@FrayedBear My mistake. I thought this was about the actual point, i.e. possibility of Putin having cancer. You apparently want to avoid doing so by bringing up irrelevant BS.

@redbai whether Putin has cancer or not is irrelevant to the mindset of many who just wish to demonise & create irrational hatred of the man. Hatred due to the indoctrination that they've received from their governments, their media, their priests, the like minded idiots they associate with.

Tell me - have I ever done anything other than praise your drawings? Have I ever said that I will not converse with you because you are a different skin colour to me? Have I ever said that I would not donate blood to you if it would help you?

Why do you wish another human being dead?

@FrayedBear More irrelevant BS.

Hope it's not simply wishful thinking.

I've seen plenty on him being ill. Even Russian media discussed him having surgery, although not listing cancer. I know nothing about an assassination attempt.

What has Putin done to you personally?

@FrayedBear Do I take it that you approve Kim jong un because he has done nothing to you personally? I already know you are enamoured of Russia.

@Petter You avoid the simple question but if you want to start listing those who should be top of the most objectionable humans to have lived, you will find many of your revered Americans will be listed above Kim jong un & Putin.

@FrayedBear I revere no one, especially those involved in politics. But you already know that.

@Petter Then kindly explain your virulent defense of all things American. Are they still paying you a pension?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:669675
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.