Agnostic.com

1 0

In Which I Violate Godwin's Law

I'm going to break Godwin's Law here and point out that Hitler outlawed abortion- except for those "lesser races" and people considered "a burden on society" like the disabled or mentally ill. In many of those cases it was actually imposed.

Subparagraph 5 to paragraph 218 of Germany's criminal code stated that "a woman who kills her fetus or permits such a killing by another will be punished by a prison sentence and, in especially serious cases, by penitentiary. An attempt is punishable. Whoever else kills the fetus of a pregnant woman will be punished by a penitentiary sentence, in milder cases by prison. If the perpetrator through such deeds continuously impairs the vitality of the German Volk, the death penalty can be imposed. Whoever procures for the pregnant woman a means or objects for killing the fetus will be punished by prison sentence, and in especially serious cases, by penitentiary". Sound like any laws we've seen passed lately?

The point is, whether forbidden or forced, the abortion decision was taken out of the hands of the woman and dictated by the state. The woman had no agency.

I don't think we're out of line in calling "pro-life" people Abortion Nazis.

Paul4747 8 June 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The denunciation is appropriate. Unfortunately, the Pro-Life advocates have many more parallels to the Nazis. Quite a few probably derive from the "Americans" who favored Nazism before WWII, but the mass of them more closely resemble the Germans who willingly embraced the fascism of the Nazis.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:670487
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.