Agnostic.com

1 2

LINK The controversial history of wet-nursing and what the ‘informal,’ ‘underground’ practice looks like today

Why is there any controversy? Nursing a child as nature intended has been tainted by the Euro-American patriarchy and their obsession with the mammaries. One sees it here with the posting of women's mammaries on various sexy groups. But nursing is controversial?

Mooolah 8 June 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When I was in Mexico, indigenous women would nurse their babies under a sarape`. Very private, but in a public space, as they attended their wares for sale. We now have nursing stations in large venues. I empathize with your dismay at public display of everything. I get that folks who could never be out about their particular predilection can do that now, & that is the price we pay for freedom to express ones-self. Vulgarity is the zeitgeist. Not a fan. I have a strong stomach from having had a life. How as something so natural, so bonding of a little life to its source become something repelling? I believe the sexualization by straight Euro American men have perverted a biological nutritional source, the breast. They ruin everything for me. As I never know my place. Altho I am straight, I am better off without a man in my life. And I remain child free by CHOICE.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:671313
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.