Agnostic.com

3 6

You Are Being Lied to About Inflation

nogod4me 8 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

One of the smart ones he is.

Reich and Warren are completely full of shit. Corporate profits have been flat since October 2021. See the red curve in this graph. They are making no more profits than they did in October 2021, but prices are much higher than they were in October 2021.

We are seeing the results of 50 years of deficit spending and money printing. It has happened to every country in the world without the fiscal disciple to control their government spending.

Stop falling for their propaganda.

Stop spreading their propaganda.

BD66 Level 8 June 19, 2022

Geeeee, Robert Reich or you, a master of half-baked opinions...what to do, what to do?

Who made the graph? Where did it come from? It isn't saying anything. Where is the legend? It appears you have already fallen for the propaganda, and are pushing it.

The corporate and filthy rich are the problem.

The US has a fascist, authoritarian, "Monopoly Capitalism" problem.

State Monopoly Capitalism:
“The main Marxist–Leninist thesis is that big business, having achieved a monopoly or cartel position in most markets of importance, fuses with the government apparatus. A kind of financial oligarchy or conglomerate therefore results, whereby government officials aim to provide the social and legal framework within which giant corporations can operate most effectively.” - Wikipedia

Basically this is favoring the rich and not holding them accountable, even for egregious crimes, while controlling the people using low wages, prison for non-violent crimes and small infractions, and while suppressing their vote and protests. Either wealth will be regulated for the benefit of the people or the people will be regulated to serve wealth.

"Monopoly Capital:
An Essay on the American Economic and Social Order is a 1966 book by the Marxian economists Paul Sweezy and Paul A. Baran. It was published by Monthly Review Press. It made a major contribution to Marxian theory by shifting attention from the assumption of a competitive economy to the monopolistic economy associated with the giant corporations that dominate the modern accumulation process. Their work played a leading role in the intellectual development of the New Left in the 1960s and 1970s. As a review in the American Economic Review stated, it represented "the first serious attempt to extend Marx’s model of competitive capitalism to the new conditions of monopoly capitalism." It attracted renewed attention following the Great Recession." - Wikipedia

Example:
“This is monopoly capitalism in action,” said Marion Nestle, author of Food Politics and professor of nutrition, food studies and public health at New York University. “Whenever Amazon takes over more and more and more of any consumer area, that gives consumers less choice. And now it’s food.” - [[truthout.org]]

Political implication:
“Ever since monopoly capital took over the world, it has kept the greater part of humanity in poverty, dividing all the profits among the group of the most powerful countries. The standard of living in those countries is based on the extreme poverty of our countries.”
— Che Guevara, 1965 -Wikipedia

@nogod4me Google "S&P 500 Historical Earnings" and the following will pop up:

[macrotrends.net]

Click on "5 Years" and you will see exactly the graph I posted.

It just takes a tiny bit of research to confirm that lying little dwarf is full of shit.

If you are a fan of Reich and Che Guevara, move to Cuba for a while.

You might understand why people are willing to risk their lives to get out of that collectivist hellhole.

@BD66 you are a toadie to Wall st..Che is dead,Fidel is dead, Cuban Marxism is dead. The only thing keeping Cuba destitute is the failed U.S embargo in place now for 60 years. Yet the Cubans still refuse to cave to Amurikkkan demands to become Capitalist..
I gather you haven't seen any daily Wall St trends..all stock trends are in the 32k zone..and haven't gone below 30 for a year..btw WSJ is owned by the infamous Murdoch family..

@BD66 I find ignorance and willful ignorance disgusting, but your desperation is amusing.

You have already proven yourself a NRA stooge, being a corporate stooge is just in your nature.

@nogod4me

1. You post something that is 100% false.
  2. I provide proof that what you are posting is 100% false.
  3. You call me "ignorant and desperate"

A rational person would respond as follows.

1. I had faith in what Robert Reich was saying.
  2. Someone has proven Reich is lying to me.
  3. I will therefore be very skeptical about anything I hear from Reich in the future.

You, however, are responding exactly the way Christians do when I provide them with reason after reason that the story of Noah's Ark is false.

@BD66 Actually, I think it's embarrassing for you that you think Robert Reich is wrong, you haven't proven anything. You are ignorant and desperate for siding with monopoly capitalists who are destroying this world.

You are a believer trying to establish a false narrative.

"As a review in the American Economic Review stated, it represented "the first serious attempt to extend Marx’s model of COMPETITIVE CAPITALISM to the new conditions of MONOPOLY CAPITALISM."

""Take man's most fantastic invention - God."

No shit..it's good ol' fashioned all Amurikan Capitalism Greed..

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:672553
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.