Agnostic.com

14 4

QUESTION Why Won't God Heal Amputees?

This was the site that finally forced me to connect with reality and abandon my faith in the christian god and in all gods. It was a huge reality check because the Bible clearly makes promises about all sorts of supernatural help and healing and yet not amputees. Reality: 100; god: 0

ATCoffey 5 Dec 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I look at mongoloid kids, people with ALS......handicapped people. It makes no sense to me.
Why doesn't Jesus come back with his basket of fish and feed all the starving kids. Like 24,000 children die every day from starvation. Like Sam Kennison used to say, maybe they should move out of the dessert where there's nothing but sand????

I have a problem looking at all this stuff, but soon enough my body will become worm food and all this bullshit here won't matter anymore. And one thing if I died tonight, NO MORE FUCKIN' TRUMP....what a fucking idiot.

"heal" amputees !? As in growing back a missing limb, or part ?

Ain't no one can do that ! Well - except lizards ...

Because Thou is a dick. Dick's don't like the thought of being an amputee.

Well let’s see … beyond the obvious.. ‘They deserved it?’ ‘He only helps those who help themselves?’ ‘It was the devil’s work, and god can’t reverse it?’ ‘It was his will?’ ‘he had a plan for their arm?’ ‘he works in mysterious ways?’

...that’s off the top of my head, so I’ll see what others have come up with. But that’s obviously a faith bender for the superstitious ~

Varn Level 8 Dec 5, 2017

well in his defence how do you heal something that's not there? unless you are the God of axolotls lol.

For god to heal amputees, first god would have to exist, however as god does not exist......

They weren't "a part" of his divine plan. But they were "a piece" of it. They may have "lost part of who they are" but they must not "stand divided" for the lord works in mysterious ways.

Dark jokes people.

Assuming god does exist.
In a sense God might not be what we think he is. He might actually be an observer. It would make life boring if he fixed every problem that people experienced. Think of god like an author. You wouldn't buy a book with no conflict, where there are only minor and un-relate able problems, where no one dies and everyone is happy. That's a fairy tale.

As we grow older we want stories with conflict, happiness, sadness, emotions, heroes and villains. The author has grown and changed their work to suit the target audience. Life isn't easy, that's why it's worth living together, so that we can make life easier for each other.

At least that's an optimistic way of looking at it

I hear ya brother...

I hate organized religion and other dogma. In fact, I now hate AmeriKKKa as well. Besides the fact I couldn't see my grand babies anymore, I actually believe it wouldn't be such a bad thing for humans to blow ourselves to bits. We are a sad and pathetic race.

Either god doesn’t exist or he just doesn’t give a damn! But the knowledge of scientist can give amputees hope. Wink wink!

God fails!! Lol.

Why does god give AIDS to infants?

..guess they’re ‘born sinners’... There have been a number of times in my life when I’d have liked to have been given 10 minutes with this ..god…

Did Jesus ever bop the monkey? At least once???

The faith healers on TV never fix anything visible.

They fix the supposed deaf, blind, bad backs, even legs of unequal lengths, haha, but they never grow back limbs...oddly enough amputees never show up to get 'healed' either.

You would think at least one or two would want their missing limb back over the years.

He can't. The American Medical Association lifted his license and banned him from practicing medicine after he was found guilty of malpractice during the Crusades.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6733
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.