Agnostic.com

8 9

How would you react? In a crowded store, an unmasked man complained about feeling sick.

The local Target store had a fire and has been closed for months. It re-opened this week.

Today I went to Target to get an item other stores don't carry. The store was extremely crowded. As always, I was wearing a mask.

To my disgust, a young man was loudly talking into his phone on speaker by the check stands. "I feel really sick," he complained. "I think I have the flu." He wasn't wearing a mask. He looked sick, too.

"If you feel ill, get out of this store!" I wanted to tell him. "Go home! You are spreading your illness that is probably COVID."

Instead I said nothing and took a wide berth around him. Since the mask mandate was lifted, most people go maskless. Not me.

"Five of my friends got COVID last week," my friend Kathy said. "Did they report their COVID diagnosis to their doctor or the Health District?" I asked.

"No," she replied. "They used home COVID tests."

Because of lack of reporting with home tests, people think COVID has magically gone away. Not so. Across American, deaths from COVID are at the same rate as 2020.

LiterateHiker 9 June 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I would also keep my distance from that person. Since, you can't tell the difference from the vacinated and the gyncidel murders.

A couple here use the 'testing trick' to not explain to others they will not get vaccinated. I should mention they were 'former' friends.

This is why I used pick up at the friggin store. I could do delivery and it's tempting.

Well, I probably would have said asshole really loud and put as much distance between me and that lump of human toxic waste as possible. If I was in the check out lane I might even have added "I'm outta here!", just left my cart and walked out.
I do know you can look like death and just be having a bad allergy day. My neighbor just went thru a bad allergic reaction, looked like shit but didn't feel too bad. She tested negative and her doctor switched her meds.
Still COVID numbers are up and deaths continue.

And this is why I always wear a mask and avoid crowds. The Univ of Nebr Med Center is monitoring waste water, and I have a friend who works there and keeps everyone updated of the numbers. She's still wearing a mask, so I will be also. My newest grandchild was born this morning, what a world she is coming into.

🤗The Supreme Court has taken a major crap of women in America - yeah welcome to the Handmaid's tale. I am SO pissed. Back in topic, COVID cases are way up here in Kittitas County and there were 3 more deaths in the last 2 weeks. Other areas in eastern WA State are worse. I wear my mask and avoid indoor gatherings. So very tired of stupid.

@silverotter11

Agreed. I have been protesting against Republicans since age 18.

Today I'm going to a rally and march to protest for abortion-rights in Wenatchee. Here's my sign, front and back. I'm furious!

I have been off work as I am caring for Kate. I went to work yesterday, to turn in my time card for the previous week and was told that a fellow worker tested positive for Covid, last week another did the same. I left quickly.

That would piss me off, and I'd probably say something rude to him. Like: "take your disease out of here!"

Some municipalities are testing wastewater for the amount of COVID virus. The number of hospitalized and deaths are being reported but home testing means that the number of infections is grossly understated. Every infection is a possible source for a new variant.

I rarely see anyone else wearing a mask here and routinely get dirty looks.

MizJ Level 8 June 24, 2022
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:673336
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.