Agnostic.com

9 20

Republican interviews voters door-to-door. She gave herself away.

Knock knock. I opened the door yesterday. There stood a young women in a red T-shirt with the large black word, "America," and a huge screaming eagle. She wore a red-white-and-blue hat. No mask.

"I'm collecting information from voters," she said. "Who are you collecting it for?" I asked. "That doesn't matter," she replied cagily.

"What's the most pressing issue for you in the next election?" she asked. "Are you most concerned about inflation, high gas prices, racism? I'm typing what you say in my phone."

"People blame Joe Biden for inflation and high gas prices," I replied. "They're wrong. Inflation and high gas prices are worldwide."

"I'm a lifelong Democrat," I said. "Where do I start? Gun violence, the Supreme Court conservatives taking away reproduction rights for women, control over our own bodies. Thank goodness Washington State is progressive."

"Are you a Republican?" I asked. "That 'America' shirt screams right-wing Republican."

"That doesn't matter," she replied. "I'm in the middle. I can tell you're very judgmental."

"There is no middle," I retorted. "Goodbye." Slammed the door shut.

LiterateHiker 9 June 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Women who are repubs don't have much respect for themselves and deserve the door slam.

Whenever anyone dismisses your questions with, “that doesn’t matter”, you can be sure they are close-minded. I do agree that you should not tell anyone going door to door or on the telephone what is your political opinion. I had a threatening letter left on my vehicle when it had a Bernie bumper sticker on it.

That bit about "That doesn't matter" would have been met with the door in her face and perhaps a phone call to the police, just to fuck with her. How dare someone come to your door to ask personal information with no personal or organizational identification to present and give you attitude.

dkp93 Level 8 June 28, 2022

they cannot handle the truth

smh

@MsKathleen

What does "smh" mean?

@LiterateHiker Shaking my head 🙂

Back before the 2020 election, had a guy come to the door with a lot of the same questions.

Told him that I was an Independent, and would be voting for Clinton.
He started in with all the lies about her.
I shot each one down in flames.
I also told him that 45 has never been anything but a serial con man, and a pathological liar.
He started trying to come back at me, but I kept going.
Told him how I've been watching him since the 70s, and if he actually believed 45 wasn't scamming him and all his other supporters, he and they were all fools who haven't been paying attention.

He tried telling me that I was wrong, and I told him he was just another of 45's gullible marks.
He said that we had very different views of the world.
I told him he was right, and I wasn't going to support a malignant narcissist and serial sex offender, and shame on him for failing to accept the truth when it was in his face.

He wished me a "blessed" day, and he left.

Come at me with bullshit, and you get what you get.
I don't care where I live. They aren't going to intimidate me.

Be very careful, you are in a Redneck area of a Liberal state. I'd hate for your neighbors to turn against you. This is why I don't answer my door if I am not expecting anyone.

Love your response.

Unity Level 7 June 28, 2022

@Unity

Thank you.

You did well there.

@Jolanta

Thank you.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:674194
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.