Agnostic.com

13 3

Narcissism scale

On a scale from “I’m not special” to a bloated sense of “I’m special” where do you think you come in and why?

AMGT 8 Dec 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have an average body with an intelligent mind. I'd give myself slightly above average overall.

Great mind, but shabby health.

Wallowing in your own negativity and wallowing in your own superiority are both the height of narcissism. I'm in the first one too much right now and trying to get to where I realize I am just a part of much larger wholes.

“I’m the greatest thing that ever lived! I’m the king of the world! I’m a bad man. I’m the prettiest thing that ever lived...”

no one is better than me

I believe we are all uniquely special individually.

I'm special and so is everyone else on a personal level. When we start forming groups and saying 'we are special' is when it's not so special.

I am incredibly special. I am a flawed and broken human being with some amazing strengths and really interesting properties that probably warrant psychological study.

I feel like I'm right below the middle. I think I should matter to people because I treat others like they matter. But I do suffer from depression and when people let me down I start to question why I don't matter to some.

Bipolar here.
I'd say I could be anywhere between a -5 to a +5 ...something like that.

Depends, did I just get an A on a test, or a C? 😀

An actual narcissist would never answer a question like this. It would be a Catch 22 for them. Be seen as conceited, which is bad. Or admit they aren't all that, which is bad. lol.

lol you avoided the question! What does that say? 🙂

@amgt Have no idea. I was making a joke. Hence the “lol” which since the advent of the internet has indicated that one is laughing and making a joke.

@arasmuson Didn’t avoid it, it really does depend on which grade I got. An A...I feel like I’m the greatest. A C...I feel like I’m worthless.

People are really sensitive about the term narcissism, I guess.

I'm not especially special, except on special occasions.

Well there's a difference between how I carry and express myself and the way I feel internally. I've had a distain for arrogance since I was about eight years old so I've made it a habit to always be humble to the point that I have difficulty accenting any praise and find it next to impossible to even discuss my strengths but to be completely honest I know from my I.Q. that statistically I'm exceptionally intelligent. Wow that felt really weird to say.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6745
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.