Agnostic.com

4 2

If you have religious friends how dishonest are they when it comes to talking about their religion:

Example: I was having a discussion with my best friend who is A JW about the bible . I told him it was not a good book . He started to argue with me then I listed what I thought.Slavery, treatment of women, god's mast murders,He actually tried to defend it ! I stopped for a second and said ,"have you ever read the bible on your own, besides his bible study. He said yea. I knew he was lying because he would just avoid my questions by saying "You got to read that book"and said he had to do something and left. 2 weeks later he stopped by and forgetting what had happened mentioned he had just started to read the bible on his own. Ididn't say a word . Itold him later that we will not dicuss religion anymore,because I value our friendship and it seems like a sore spot

Shep 4 Apr 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My brother was a Mormon. Devout. I got baptized in my 20’s because of my respect for his intellect. He killed himself after the death of his daughter and wife.
We humans think we have convictions but that’s not true. We have ideas. We need to get over ourselves and admit that we could be wrong. Sometimes life is hard and we can fall short of those great convictions.
John Melloncamp has a great song about this that my brother, and his wife, thought was depressing. Hey Jesus, Can You Give Me A Ride Back Home. Jackson Browne has For A Dancer. I love both.

I have no friend who is religious.
I can't respect someone who's outlook relies on willful ignorance.

I honestly don't know, I have a friend who honestly tells me she is hedging her bets but with which gods I have no clue . Most people here in n.ireland don't talk about it as its too revealing .

if her god is all-knowing wouldn't he know that? that's like Mary giving god a fake orgasm.

@Shep I don't ask its not my business and I don't care to bother about other peoples gods they are of no importance to me I was merely answering your question as truthfully as possible.

Thankfully friends do not discuss their beliefs with me.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:67531
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.